Untitled Part 163

The Hun king watched anxiously as Attila and his entourage arrived at the castle. The night before, the eleven informed me, Gorda's strength had greatly diminished. On some occasions, they hardly feel it. They felt better if the king knew about it, maybe Attila had captured the high priest. When Bleda decided to take the book away, they had already drawn the attention of the expelled, with whom his blood contract had a stronger bond than with Gorda, to weaken them all. The king then thought he could only benefit. Well, he was wrong. Gorda proved weak without his book, so it is even possible that he could not defend the king against his brother.

So Bleda was worried about how well she had done. The commander of his bodyguard reported shortly:

- Attila is guarding a chariot in disguises that cannot be approached unnoticed. They say he caught a wizard or something. When he was soaked, a local servant glanced into the chariot tent and saw one, himself amazed. He spoke so he had never seen a prisoner before. The commander scratched his head to continue.

- Talk to me! The king's impatience spoke to the soldier.

- He said so. There was a speck in his mouth, what they took out to drink. His ears and eyes were also blindfolded. The two of them held their hands pinned to the pallet from two sides so that they could not move sideways while someone was there. He saw iron boots on his feet. People think it could be a dark, evil wizard.

- Did you see Velik? - Bleda was calm.

- No. The short answer came.

- Double the guards around the suites. The reason should be the arrival of Attila. Follow your every move. Not just his belt, his entourage. Tenfold the guards at the cave entrances. Put everyone on duty. Put on your confidants in disguise.

" My king of more than three thousand bodyguards." Only six hundred are on guard...

- Don't be confused! Do what I said!

- As you wish! With that, the commander left.

The Hun king went behind the altar of sacrifice in the throne room, then lightly pressed one of the stones on the wall. There was a soft growl. Bleda went back to the altar, then lifted the cover of the huge stone table with ease.

On the stairs that led to the lower caves, no one was watching the king.