Untitled Part 192

The Roman emperor threw in front of him a piece of paper containing the written text, which was stretched out on a wooden board. In front of him lay three more, and several on the ground, which the emperor had thrown there in his nervousness. The man in front of him, wearing a bodyguard uniform, looked calmly at the emperor, who was insignificant to him. He never liked it, and he gave it a voice. Virus thought this man did not fit into such splendor. Sometimes he also had doubts about whether the records of his ancestors were false. He only thought so, for he was one of the high-ranking servants of the secret service, partly subordinate to imperial power, and as such, now wore a Pretoriaian uniform as he pleased, and not the uniform of one of the dignitaries of the Roman priesthood.

The emperor turned the wooden board, then threw it on the table in front of him, and in a contemptuous voice he said to the one in front of him:

- And what is your purpose? He looked up at the man, who shrugged carelessly.

- We'll see.

- If you accept? What about me? With my family and my blood, who are the descendants of my father and grandfather? !! The emperor jumped up from his chair and began to walk nervously.

- If it's true. We are still investigating this. The answer was calm.

- What do you mean? I'll take your head right away. The emperor moaned, gesturing to the doormen, then instructing them to capture the one facing him.

- You sleep? Virus smiled. The doormen, as if they had not heard the emperor's order, slowly turned their backs on the two persons. In the words of the virus, he bowed deeply, as is customary before the emperors. - I don't have a gun. If you think ...

Seeing the doormen turning their backs on them, the emperor noticed better and immediately changed his tone. He thought all along, if he continued like this, he would be announced tomorrow, he had died of an unexpected illness.

" When is Flavius ​​talking to him?" The emperor regained his composure.

- If all went well, right now. - A virus pointed to the sundial in the room.

" What will Flavius ​​described here be like?" The emperor pointed to the paper lying on the table.

- That's right. Flavius ​​asks for time before the battle, which he needs to inform the kings next to him about Attila's betrayal. They change, for before their oath he bound them to Rome. They will not want a tyrant with such a sharp mind as He. According to all spy reports, there can only be one hundred and fifty to two hundred thousand real Huns in Attila's army. Its riders don't even reach ten thousand. The Roman army will face five hundred thousand heavy infantry, one hundred thousand archers, two hundred thousand light infantry, and twenty thousand cavalry against Attila's dwindling army.

" Are you saying that if Attila makes a deal on the imperial chair, are you sure you will lose nearly eight hundred thousand soldiers with all the kings who allied with him?"

- That's the case. - Virus smiled. - the kings who have supported him so far face it.

" What happens if you reject Flavius' offer?" The emperor stuttered.

- You can't do that. You don't seem to understand the war at all. Attila accepted what Flavius ​​was offering him now when he accepted the negotiation offer.

- I don't understand that.

- You won't. This is one of your big troubles. You cannot think ahead as a ruler. Would you refuse?

- No. The emperor replied firmly.

- You see. No king would. And if one made this offer to the commander of the united legions of the Roman Empire...

" No king would think he didn't accept it."

" This is even more true when the kings' confidants have already told them what the main line of the trial will be." The emperor was now looking at the Virus in a navel, smiling smugly. He loved that feeling. To see on his other face the recognition with which his tricks are rewarded. - It doesn't matter if it's war or peace. The Allies are also spying on each other's things. They like to be able to watch the other from several sides - the man walked over to the table and placed a pre-texted piece of paper in front of the chair. He gestured to the emperor to sit down. - Give the order, and that's it.

The emperor sat down in his chair and took the pen in his hand. Meanwhile, he looked at the text, then looked up at the one in front of him.

- Has the Senate approved this yet? The question sounded nervous. - It's a massacre! What do you need the high priest's signature and seal for? The emperor continued to read the paper. "All the offspring of the taltos?"

Virus smiled and quickly left the imperial working room. The guards staring at the wall didn't even dare look at him. As he stepped out the door, the guards left and took their seats on the outside of that joto.