Untitled Part 170

The Roman general walked contentedly among the practicing soldiers. Several injured were taken on stretchers to the medical tent, where other injuries had already been inflicted. In the distance, a rider approached. Maybe he could be a messenger. When he stopped his horse and got off it, he fell to his knees and greeted his leader.

- Talk to me!

- I brought a message from the Hun capital.

- Come with me !! The two men left for the warlord's tent.

The message that the messenger brought was read at length by Flavius. He interpreted every word and then motioned for the messenger to leave. He asked his military council with the doormen. Council members arrived shortly after.

- Bleda accepted the deal. He is content with the eastern territories of the Hun empire. I need to keep the Eastern Romans informed of developments. They can slowly redirect their legions east to finish with the weakened Bleda.

- What about Attila? What's the news from him? The Pretoria, who was from the emperor's bodyguard, shook his head and expressed his displeasure. "I think Flavius ​​will make a hasty decision." Attila should not be underestimated. The current king of the Huns is indeed a skillful politician, but he is not a warlord like his younger brother.

" What is the science of military leadership worth when the Huns are captured in their capital, away from their armies?"

" But now Attila is at war." And if we accept this as a fact, he may have thought of the conspiracy against him. - the argument seemed convincing. "We must testify that Attila is not a danger, and only then can the legions be moved east." His followers also became innumerable within the Roman Empire. The scouts...

- Creating the news of his death...

- What is it worth if you show up and prove the opposite?

Flavius ​​raised his hand and turned his back on the speaker. He went to the dining table and poured himself wine, then went to his desk and took a seat. He put his feet on the table.

The council argued for a long time, and the members convinced each other. Shortly after the leaders left the tent, a messenger set out for the lord of the Eastern Roman Empire. The writing he carried contained in detail where the imperial legions should move.