Untitled Part 126

The twenty had already gone to the podium in the rite hall. They tied themselves up carefully, as they had discussed with Eskam in advance. They did well. The bodies of the beautifully painted talts stiffened in an instant, but because of the preparatory rite, their minds and the internal functioning of their bodies did not stop.

When their consciousness merged with Eskam, their power grew to such an extent that it could not be grasped by a secular man. Even the high priests of Taltos did not know about this. The secrets of Gorda's book seemed endless.

Eskam told the exact course of the ceremony not long before what happened , and even then only once. She knew all of Eva's attention was on Oguz, so she didn't pay attention to them.

They all knew that the way they had come into contact with the god of heaven, which had not been used for centuries, was very dangerous. Gorda's mind was obscured by the knowledge of this power centuries ago, and he demanded the power of that god floating in the golden light. His god, at whose word Eva stepped back, and at whose urging the balance was restored many times.

And there was something else that persuaded the unnamed taltos to do what Eshcam asked for.

He wished the rite against Oguz. They had only the guess that Eva wanted to use the power of the little-lived Oguz for her own purposes, and the boy would not be able to resist.

When Elvő made it known to him in the manner of the Taltos that Oguz had entered into an agreement with Eva that would make Him stronger than any previous power, the Taltos High Priests already knew that the woman was not doing this without purpose.

The certainty was given by the image of the minds of the two hundred initiated warrior priests, who had seen with their own eyes what Oguz had done and through which Eva was preparing.

The conscious energy of all the soldiers in the army of seven thousand would have been taken by Eva at once and taken to the white light. In the meantime, he would have fed his army of animals.

If that happens , Eva won't let the taltos out of here either. Never. At the same time, Oguz would be his servant forever. No creature on earth would be safe if the boy served the army of darkness unconditionally.

But it's not over yet. Eskam does not give up his people until a single spark of his mind is intact. He knew that, and everyone believed there among the taltos.