Honey Heat

Ao3 by : orphan_account

Summary :

There’s a wetness running down Yoongi’s thighs despite his legs being clamped together. Yoongi looks almost embarrassed as he tries to turn away from Taehyung but Taehyung grabs the sides of Yoongi’s arms instead.

Yoongi is wide-eyed, ears twitching relentlessly as he manages to mumble.

“Hyung, I’m in heat.”

-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Watching Yoongi do girl group dances is the highlight of Taehyung’s taxing day.

Looking at the laptop screen for long has made Taehyung’s eyes sink in. He’s exhausted but this work has to be done by tomorrow. Taehyung sighs, leaning back into the leather couch. A little nap can’t hurt, right? But, his gaze instead gets drawn to Yoongi jumping the air, his white fluffy tail wiggling as he loudly belts out the lyrics to whatever song is playing now.

Despite Taehyung’s mind screaming at him to get back to work, he chooses to stare at Yoongi. Yoongi’s ears twitch as he picks the next song and they flop down flat on his head when he doesn’t find one he likes. It’s surreal to see an actual, breathing person in Taehyung’s apartment when just two months ago, he was drowning in booze and sorrow.

Work didn’t leave Taehyung much time to form out-of-work relationships and Taehyung was so lost in the high of making money and getting a big house, big car, big rings that he completely forgot about the most important thing- human companionship.

By the time Taehyung had turned older, his friends had gotten married and were adopting kids and he was forced to come to terms with the fact that he was all alone.

It was Hoseok’s brilliant suggestion.

Taehyung gave him the benefit of the doubt since Hoseok was high out of his fucking mind but the next day, Hoseok didn’t change his stance. Taehyung laughed it off as one of Hoseok’s strange comments that came from time to time, but once the seed was planted in his brain, it blossomed further.

Yoongi is so much like him, yet also so different. He’s prettier, weaker, more shy. He cries when he watches romance movies and loves trying out new clothes. He blushes when Taehyung offers to help him wash his tail and blushes even further when a small whimper escapes his mouth. Yoongi is so much softer and so much warmer than Taehyung expected and every time Taehyung’s eye catches his, there’s this unmistakable feeling of love coursing through his body.

Of course, two months is too early to say anything but the urge to protect Yoongi only get stronger by the day. That’s quite telling of what position Taehyung is currently in.

“Hyung!” Yoongi calls out, noticing that Taehyung isn’t staring at his laptop anymore.

He rushes to Taehyung, jumping onto him without any semblance of fear that he might hurt himself. Taehyung welcomes the hug, a small grin overtaking his face.

Yoongi’s knees settle on either side of Taehyung’s lap, chests pressed flush together and Yoongi’s cheeks are so wonderfully pink that Taehyung has an urge to pull on them. In the meanwhile, his tail wraps around Taehyung’s arm as his ears are up, alert, twitching and Taehyung gently scrapes the back of the ears as Yoongi likes.

Yoongi’s humming morphs into a low purring, eyes fluttering close as he leans into the touch. They stay like that for a little while until Yoongi speaks again.

“Hi, hyung.” Yoongi says, a gentle lilt to his voice.

“Are you done with your work? Can we dance now?”