Thanks A Lot, Striped Cat!

Ao3 by : grizzlypolar

Summary :

Today is a moment that Kim Taehyung will never be able to forget, because apart from his life being saved by a three-striped cat who turned out to be adorable, this incident made his relationship with Min Yoongi even better.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Min Yoongi punched in his apartment passcode and stepped inside. Finally I can rest too, he thought to himself. He has been coming home late for the past few days, due to the increasing number of patients who have to be examined every day. Min Yoongi is a veterinarian who works at a cat clinic located in the city center, so it's no wonder that in its strategic location many people visit to check not only pet cats, but also cats found dying on the street. Actually, not only because of the strategic location of the clinic, but how Yoongi can treat clients (Yoongi thinks of cat owners as clients) in critical situations.

Yoongi is not a person who looks warm on the first meeting, but his calm and patient manner in explaining various terms regarding the condition of each cat is the main key to Yoongi's busy clinic every day (but it is undeniable that Yoongi's eye smile is an added value). 

When Yoongi stepped into the dining room, he could see Taehyung was watching television while chewing potato chips with high MSG content.

"Honey, you're finally home too!" Taehyung said with a big smile on his lips.

"I want to hug-"

Before Taehyung could continue his speech, Yoongi immediately replied with a flat look, "But first you have to clean your coat and pants using a lint roller, then put your clothes in a separate laundry bag, take a shower with two different soaps and wash your hair."

"That's clear!" Taehyung replied with a smile that was still the same width, "After you clean, then I want to hug you."

"Yes yes." Yoongi gave a small smile to the boy in front of him. Then, Yoongi rushed to their room to carry out the 'complicated protocol' that Taehyung made every time Yoongi came home from the clinic (Taehyung's intentions were good, he didn't want Yoongi to feel itchy because of the cat fur).

------

Min Yoongi and Kim Taehyung are lovers who have known each other since middle school. Coincidentally, they became my classmates for three years in a row. At first, Yoongi, who incidentally is a student who likes calm, was disturbed when he found a seatmate who was very happy to talk to him, even though Yoongi had answered simply several times. Taehyung, a man with tan skin and laughs easily, certainly doesn't give up, even though Taehyung's friends have advised him not to push himself too hard to get close to Yoongi.

After six months of being his roommate, finally there was an incident where in the end Yoongi felt that having a friend like Taehyung wasn't such a bad thing. At that time, when Yoongi woke up late and forgot to bring his Japanese assignment that must be submitted at 10 am, he panicked. It was almost 8 in the morning. Wanted to go back home, but was in a hurry to get to school. Taehyung, who saw Yoongi like he was panicking in his seat, was curious.

"Are you okay, Yoongi?"

“It's okay,” Yoongi replies with a bent face, trying to keep himself busy by flipping through his notebook

Not believing it, Taehyung tried to ask further, because usually Yoongi never looked this nervous.

"Are you sure you're okay? I can help if you need help."

Feeling that there is no hope for lying, Yoongi finally tries to be honest with Taehyung. After all, all this time Taehyung had never harmed him.

"Hmmm, th-I left my Japanese homework at home and if I go back home it seems like it's no longer possible," Yoongi said while looking down weakly, "I'm not very good at that subject either."