Wings

Ao3 by : eternal_seokin

Summary :

Yoongi wasn’t supposed to fall. He also wasn’t supposed to fall in -love- .

-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Heaven was supposed to be infallible. Heaven didn’t make mistakes.

But a huge mistake was the reason Yoongi was in white hot chains, his fluffy white feathers being scorched and plucked off by snickering imps.

Yoongi bared his teeth at one, growling animalistically. If they wanted to deem him fallen, he could act like it. The imp near him hissed back, jabbing at his bare hip with a sharp piece of metal. It drew blood, and Yoongi groaned. He shuddered despite the heat. His robes, previously white and clean, were in dirty tatters, flesh bared for the pokes and prods of the imps.

“Enough!” A deep, gritty voice echoed through the chamber.

Yoongi scowled at the door, now open. A tall, broad thing stood in the doorway, shadowed from Yoongi’s vision.

“Who gave you cretins permission to play with my angel?”

The owner of the voice stepped into the room, his features suddenly visible with the candlelight. Yoongi gasped audibly.

It was a demon –no doubt– and a high level one at that. His back bore heavy wings, similar to Yoongi’s though his feathers were as black as a raven.

His face was stunning. Eyes rich and dark, Yoongi knew they could flip to black in a simple blink. His jaw was sharp, but still held a youthful softness, and his ears - almost comically large, peeked out from his black hair hanging down and curling in waves around the nape of his neck, a stark contrast to Yoongi’s neatly trimmed white locks. A heavy pendant hung from his neck, sparkling in the flames. He was bare chested, and the tan skin glistened in the flickering candle light. Tattered pants hid his legs from view, but they were tight enough that Yoongi could see they very obviously went on for miles… And he was certainly well endowed.

Yoongi swallowed hard. Thoughts like that… Maybe he deserved to fall.

The demon stepped forward, his feet bare. He stepped on the tail of the nearest imp, plucking it up by one leathery wing. The imp squealed and began to splutter in a demonic language that Yoongi had no intention of trying to translate.

The handsome demon hissed, grimacing. He threw the imp to the side, and it hit the wall nearby with a sickening crack. As it slid to the floor, it began to ooze and melt, it’s life force slipping away. The other imps scattered, blathering and squealing.

The demon bowed then, smirking darkly at Yoongi. “My apologies.”

“A demon apologizing. Who are you?”

“My name is Taehyung. I’m not exactly… well… your average demon.”

“I can see. You don’t look like a bat faced freak, for one.”

Taehyung laughed, a bright noise, startling in the depths of Hell itself.

“They are quite ugly, aren’t they. Have you ever seen Asmodeus? Now that is a face only a mother could love. Well, if he’d have a mother.” Taehyung tapped his finger on his chin.

“Ah, I digress.” He stepped forward and unhooked the burning chains, catching Yoongi as he stumbled.

“Can’t have a pretty angel face planting on the floor, now can we?”

Yoongi felt his cheeks heat up at being called pretty. He wasn’t pretty. He was one of the ugliest angels in his battalion, if he was being honest. No wonder he fell. They probably mistook him for a demon.