Remedy

Ao3 by : PeonyTaegi

Summary :

Yoongi catches a cold but fortunately Taehyung is here to take care of him.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-

“ACHOO”

The sneeze is so loud it earns Yoongi a couple of worried looks as well as the usual glares that come with being too loud in the library.

Yoongi glares back at the assholes and sniffles haughtily, or more accurately, that’s what he aims for because the noise he emits wouldn’t ever be considered sophisticated.

It’s the third time he sneezes in nearly twenty minutes, explaining his neighbors’ lack of patience, and he can feel the headache coming, but he has to finish this god awful assignment now in order to be free from any work during the entirety of the next week.

He’ll finally be able to focus on his music and get some real shit done.

So, he begrudgingly dives back in and forces his hazy mind to focus until his surroundings blur and he loses track of time.

After what could have been five minutes or two hours, he’s brutally interrupted by someone dropping their bag in the seat facing his.

“Whoa hyung, you look like shit.” Namjoon says with wide eyes, taking in Yoongi’s quite pathetic form, all slumped over the library’s table.

“Thank you, asshole, I feel like shit. I’ve been trying to finish this all day.” He groans, waving a limp hand toward the papers scattered around him.

“Maybe you should wrap up for tonight and finish tomorrow.”

“I’m just tired, Joon-ah.” Yoongi sighs,

“Don’t worry about me.”

“I know someone who will worry for sure if he sees you like this. Are you sure you’re alright?” Namjoons prods on.

Yoongi groans again at the mention of his boyfriend and realizes that his throat hurts a little too.

It’s nothing, he thinks resolutely.

“I told you, I’m okay! But I gotta head to class, I’ll just finish this tomorrow.”

He doesn’t need to be distracted by Namjoon's concerned eyes all afternoon; besides, he must have been really out of it, because it’s way later than he expected, and he has a lecture to attend.

He huffs and stands, gathering his things and stuffing them inside his bag hastily, leaving before Namjoon can pester him any further.

Thing is, he does feel a little sweaty and slightly woozy, but he knows it will pass, it always does.

He doesn’t have the luxury to take a day off anyway, his music won’t produce itself.

He crosses the campus, feeling itchy and irritated by the cool air, and takes refuge in the lecture hall, a cup of instant coffee from the vending machine to warm him and hopefully chase the weariness away.

Unfortunately, things don’t get better.

He’s barely able to follow what the professor says, his eyes drooping and his body shivering so much he puts his jacket on again and gives up on typing.

It’s alright, he reasons.

He’ll just finish this damn assignment in the comfort of his dorm room to avoid the library assholes and then sleep it off.