Wake Me Up Inside

Ao3 by : ctrlv (ctrlc)

Summary :

“Everything will return to normal, to your usual life with him.

I wish for your happiness, Min Yoongi.”

With sad smile, he boops his nose. Lovingly.

Yoongi’s sight blurring.

Everything’s went dark.

In which Yoongi makes a deal with the devil to resurrect his dead boyfriend, but the devil falls in love with him.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Ever since they knew each other, their time together never feel this kind of stifling. Full of tension – not in a good way. He can’t wait to be back home, so he able to distant himself from his lover.

The drive from Jisoon’s parent house back to their apartment taking around three hours if the the traffic is clear, hence another two hours remaining in this uncomfortable situation.

“It’s not like I don't want to tell my parents.” He starts to address elephant in the room, after every conversation that he tries to indulge been shot down by Yoongi’s silence.

Jisoon holds his hand as if it’s enough to console him.

“But you know how they are. I'm still trying to find the right time to let them know about us.” He turns his head, tilting a little too close to see his expression.

“Eyes on the road.” Yoongi reprimand without looking at him back.

“I don't really care about it if we started dating only for a few months, but it’s been 5 years though.” He moves his hand from his clasp, huffing humorless laugh.

“I’m tired of hearing same old shit from your parents. ‘when will you move out, apart from your best friend?’ ‘when will you come back here with your girlfriend?’” He adds with a mocking tone.

“You know what, I'm this close to flip table at dinner just now and announce that their filial son fucking me for past five years. That, no. I'm not your fucking best friend. I'm your boyfriend for fuck sake!” He finishes with erratic breaths.

This is ridiculous. Until when he need to be patient over them diminishing his existence in their son’s life?

“Babe, calm down.” He turns his head again.

Their car swings out of their lane to the center.

“No. Focus on the road you idiot.”

Before his boyfriend could turn back to the road, two glaring lights from opposite vehicle suddenly blazed ahead, blinding his sight. Same situation happens to his boyfriend as he loss control to the opposite lane.

“Babe watch--”

Everything happens so fast but in a slow motion at the same time. Frantic horn beeping from other vehicle. The sound of their car’s screeching brakes and tires skidding on the pavement.

Then the crash sounds alongside a huge impact hit the car, and it seemed like an immense weight was thrown on him. Everything stop and silence engulfing him.

The last thing he see is his lover limp body, covered with blood and a waterfall of glass falls down on him before everything went black. The massive weight is lifted off him as he feels like he floats away into complete and utter darkness.