Mess Of Paint

Ao3 by - Jijuyoo

Summary :

Yoongi felt inspired, guess it was time for a late night painting session. Also he needed to remove this pent up frustration of his 'too handsome' rival who's getting on his nerves. He went to the art room, a painting was created but not on a 'canvas'.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-

As a wave of creativity and inspiration, a golden combination, had flooded over him, Yoongi had went to campus in order to get pour it into a piece of art. Luckily as he was a fine art student he always had access to the art studio - just like everyone else with his major. However, since it was a Friday night close to midnight Yoongi hoped that the room would be empty and he could express himself through painting while listening to some of his favorite music.

Yoongi felt a sting of disappointment once he saw the lights were turned on in the studio.

So much for some creative alone time.

Who would be at campus close to midnight on a Friday evening? Didn’t they have a party or something to be at?

Oh well. As long as it wasn’t a certain someone Yoongi didn’t mind sharing the art studio too much. He would be able to shut them out of his mind and go into his own creative bubble.

Lady Luck wasn’t on his side today.

He should have known from the music filling up the art studio who would be waiting for him inside. Yet, he still got unpleasantly surprised once he saw that it was no other than Kim Taehyung, his art rival, who was currently in the middle of creating a painting.

Yoongi scrunched his nose when he saw what was on the canvas. The art style was so unique that one would immediately know who it was painted by. But unique didn’t necessarily mean it was good and Yoongi found it hideous. He didn’t understand it.

Yoongi put his bag down and started setting up his own canvas as far away from Taehyung as physically possible. He didn’t care if he was standing in the corner if it meant that he was far, /far/ away from Taehyung.

He got out his paint and brushes and was just about to start when he realized that he hadn’t put on an apron yet and he really didn’t want to get paint all over his clothes. But. In order to get to the aprons he would have to walk past Taehyung to get one.

As much as he didn’t want to be near Taehyung, he also didn’t want to get paint onto his shirt. He inhaled deeply and walked over to the aprons. Holding his breath as he walked past his rival, as if he was scared to breathe in the same air. Once he has walked past him, he exhaled.

“You did it again.”

Taehyung’s deep voice had sent a shiver through Yoongi’s body. He hated it. He hated how his body reacted around him. He wasn’t intimidated by him, so why did his body act like he was.

“Held your breath when you walked past me.”

Great. Now he couldn’t even breathe or not breathe without Taehyung calling him out for it.

“Do I smell so bad that you feel like you can’t breathe near me?”

Taehyung pressed on as he put down his paintbrush and turned to face Yoongi.

'You smell like lavender and honey. It makes me feel like I’m suffocating and I fucking hate it.'

Of course Yoongi didn’t say that. He didn’t want his rival to see him as someone weak.

So how did he reply? With a simple grunt as he grabbed an apron of the hanger.

This caused Taehyung to roll his pretty eyes at him.