What Do They Know About You And Me

Ao3 by : wannabeyrsuga

Summary :

Everyone is in love with Kim Taehyung, South Korea's heartthrob, and Yoongi isn't any different.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Yoongi is only an ordinary man, just like everybody else that's crowding the subway platform, living their ordinary lives.

Everyday he walks to the same station, heads to the same platform, stands at the same spot to enter the same car on the train that suits him best when he's changing lines.

The only apparent difference from everyone else surrounding him might be that he's slightly better dressed than them, in a fancy suit that was gifted to him.

On the other side of the tracks, there's a huge ad for an upcoming movie.

Snow Flower, it says in big, bold letters, starring Kim Taehyung and Kim Jisoo.

The two of them have been the main romantic couple in the most successful drama in South Korea in years. Everyone still talks about it, even though it's been over for several months. Of course they'd want to see Taehyung and Jisoo's off-the-charts on-screen chemistry again, so the movie is surely going to be a smash hit. They look gorgeous in the picture in the ad, like a prince and a princess, giving off this fairytale vibe.

Yoongi is lost in thought, admiring Taehyung's handsome features, when the train arrives and he's practically carried inside by a flurry of people.

It is so packed he can barely reach a bar to hold, but then again, there's no need to, it's not like he's going to move more than a couple of inches inside that train.

But it doesn't faze him. For one, he's used to it. Two, it's Friday and he's excited about the weekend.

He has plans, and he feels himself tingling just from thinking about what awaits him. He just has to endure the eight hours of work ahead of him, but he'll probably be busy enough to feel like time flies.

Above the heads of the commuters, the moving images of an advertisement screen catch Yoongi's attention.

There he is again, Kim Taehyung. Not a surprise, though. He's everywhere these days, stamped all over the city. This one is an ad for an expensive cosmetics line, with a Taehyung that looks fresh out of the shower, wearing a fluffy white robe, applying the product to his perfect face. As if anyone would look that good just from using a stupid face cream. It doesn't matter anyway, because anything that Taehyung touches is sure to be sold out in minutes.

Imagine being that famous, Yoongi muses. The closest he's ever gotten to fame was when he was ten years old and there was an article in a local newspaper about him being a prodigy piano player.

At that age he still thought he would make a living as a musician, only for his dreams to be crushed a few years later. He was a good pianist, really good, but not good enough apparently.

He ended up listening to his mother's wishes and went to Business School and got a degree in Accounting and Management. Later, he moved to Seoul and got a job at a big company. Nothing special about it, that's true, but he supposes that's just the way life is.

On his way from the station to the office building where he works, he stops at his favorite coffee shop and gets his usual iced americano. He walks as fast as he can as he sips his drink, and across the street, on the side of a tall building, in a gigantic ad for a high-end clothing brand, guess who he sees.

That's right, Kim Taehyung. Yoongi shakes his head and smiles to himself, bemused, and keeps on walking.

Just like Yoongi predicted, there's plenty of work for him to do at the office, and he tears into it. The morning passes in the blink of an eye, and when he looks at the time in the corner of the computer screen, it's almost lunch time.