Picture Perfect

Ao3 by : cheesuga

Summary :

College sweethearts Yoongi and Taehyung are spending their anniversary. Instead of dinner at a luxurious restaurant or a holiday getaway, Taehyung has something a little more special in mind.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

The doorbell chimes in Taehyung’s apartment, bringing him out of his reverie. He’s been painting for hours and the distraction is more welcoming than bad, especially when he felt the crack in his spine when he stood up to get the door.

Taehyung is more than happy to find Yoongi, his ever-loving boyfriend, at his doorstep, camera equipment slung over both shoulders.

“Hey, hyungie.” He said as he opened his arms.

“Happy anniversary baby.” Yoongi gladly comes into Taehyung’s arms, smiling fondly when his much taller boyfriend gave him a tight squeeze.

“So what are we going to do today?”

“Oh, you’ll see.” Taehyung said, closing the door as soon as Yoongi got inside.

Yoongi looked around the living room blankly.

“Is… it just me or did you move your entire studio out here?” He asked, referring to the mess of paint, canvasses, easels, and other art materials scattered all over the room.

Taehyung grinned.

“For now, yeah. The studio is reserved for today’s special occasion.”

“And I still don’t know what you have in mind.”

“You’ll love it. I promise.” Taehyung said, kissing Yoongi’s forehead.

Today is Taehyung and Yoongi’s 5th anniversary.

The two met while they were in university and have been in a relationship ever since. Currently, Taehyung is a painter while Yoongi is a professional pianist, both quite well-known when it comes to their craft. While Taehyung is on a steady-rising popularity, Yoongi had an extraordinary talent in music since he was younger, having been invited to several concerts, parties of important people, and even international showcases to represent the country.

Besides their careers, Yoongi does photography part-time and Taehyung does some modelling jobs as a sideline. Sometimes Taehyung thinks the only reason his art is getting popular is because of the numbers on his socials, but Yoongi is always there to assure him that his art itself is beautiful.

Yoongi didn’t know that today, on their 5th anniversary, he’s about to create his most beautiful work of art yet. Taehyung had even specifically instructed Yoongi to deep clean before coming just for the occasion.

Taehyung went by the door of his studio, a smile on his face.

“Come inside and see.”

When Yoongi entered the studio, his eyes widen at how big it had changed.

What used to be filled Taehyung’s work of art, brushes, and tools is now a whole fancy-looking room. The walls are decorated with flowy purple and gold fabric, the plain white walls once filled to the brim with Taehyung’s artwork filled with his best still life paintings. The room’s atmosphere is accented with a dim, indigo mood light, giving the room a mysterious, dark vibe. Setting aside the photography equipment scattered all over the place, the antique lamps, decorative chandeliers on the floor, and  gold camel back couch make the whole room look like an image straight out of French palace. The purple neon sign right behind the couch is the perfect cherry on top of it all. That and the slow jazz music playing on low volume in the background, setting the whole ambience up a notch.