Skating On Thin Ice

Ao3 by : PeonyTaegi

Summary :

“Well they didn’t tell me exactly but they have a ‘gift’ for you.” A short pause and then Jimin’s voice comes out again, more cautious than ever.

“They didn’t say anything per se, and officially it’s to congratulate you on your victory, but I think they expect you to fuck him.”

or

Taehyung, tiger hybrid, and Korea's ice rink espoir is gifted a human pet to spend his rut with.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Taehyung enters the code to his apartment. The chiming sound indicating that it’s now unlocked rings strongly in his ears as he feels the crushing weight of exhaustion aching in each and every one of his bones. He enters and acts like a zombie, carelessly throwing off his loafers inside the small shoes’ cabinet, dropping his training duffle bag on the floor and beelining for the couch. He plunges on the leather cushions, face first, his feet and his tail hanging in the air above the armrest and he feels around in search of the remote.

He groans in victory when he finally extracts it from between the dip at the back of the sofa and turns the tv on, rolling on his side to find a more comfortable position. He ends up curled up like a baby holding a throw pillow to his chest, his favorite position when the adrenaline starts wearing off and he needs to feel small.

On the TV, the late-night news is showing the crimes of a group of rogue humans, how they kidnapped dog hybrids pups, to make sure their demands were heard. The split screen shows a manifestation of human rights supporter hybrids, stopped brutally by the cops after the news to prevent the situation from escalating.

Taehyung sighs, it’s a fucked-up world they live in, the condition of humans in their society doesn’t sit well with him but the idea of abducting pups makes his stomach heaves. He brings a hand to his striped ears and unconsciously strokes the soft fur there. A reflex he has whenever he needs comfort.

He’s about to turn the TV off when the news change and he sees himself on the huge flat screen. The images show him and his partner performing a very intricate series of figures, gliding gracefully on the ice, then their smiles at the end of their routine and finally the judges handing them two shiny medals, sending them to the national championship final.

He must have dozed off because next thing he knows he’s brutally awoken by the shrill sound of his phone ringing. He bats his tail in exasperation and digs the device out of his sweatpants’ pocket.

Jimin’s cute face is displayed on the screen. A bright smile and cute pointed ears lost in a mess of blond curls that draws a fond sigh out of Taehyung.

“What’s up Chim?” He drawls, barely suppressing a yawn, as he brings the device to his unfurred ear.

“Oh Tae, you’re still up, great!” His cheerful tone is slightly off putting, it seems fake and a wave of apprehension flows over Taehyung.

“You woke me up actually.” He says maybe a bit too snappily, but he can’t help it with the way he fees something is wrong.

“Why would you call me so late when we were together all day?”

“Okay, I see how it is Kim Taehyung.” Jimin answers in a more serious tone, the previous cheerfulness vanished.

He exhales loudly and goes on.

“Let’s not beat around the bush then, I am calling you because I just had a meeting with the board of the ice-skating federation.”

The news augur nothing good for sure; the federation is a pain in Taehyung’s ass and he silently curses pressing the palm of his free hand against his eyeball.