Faites Confiance À Votre Monde

Ao3 by : PurgatoryWriter

Summary :

How can he look away from dark eyes that trace every curve and edge of his skin? How can he hide when Taehyung swallows all the shadows and thrusts him to the surface of life?

-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Dust freckles amber rays of afternoon light that stream through aged windows. The tell-tale scratching of charcoal pencils on fine grain paper echoes in an otherwise silent room. Even the ticking of a clock hung on the far wall is too loud—a metronome to devoted concentration. Long fingers smudge across the charcoal to dilute the shadows cast in specific areas of his muse.

Taehyung hums a content little noise as his tongue swipes over his bottom lip and he adjusts the sketchbook in his hand. The sun is slowly changing position through the window which means the shadows on Yoongi’s face will change soon. He’s just so perfect …he hums again with furrowed brows as his eyes move from page to muse, catching Yoongi with the prettiest dusting of pink on his cheeks when their eyes meet.

“I wonder if I should just leave this as a pencil sketch—maybe add a smudge of pink to your cheeks since you’re blushing?” Taehyung chuckles softly—a deep, raspy sound from his throat when his lips curve into a smile.

“Shut up and finish it. We don’t have all day.” Yoongi pouts, averting his eyes to take in the quiet classroom. Students are busy capturing their own muses.

“Stay still then, hyung. I can’t get the shading right when you move…” Taehyung’s smile drops as he tries to concentrate once more.

Yoongi absolutely hates this. Why on earth did Namjoon pair me with him ? His ears lower against the crown of his hair as he thinks of all the things he could be doing instead of this.

“What’s wrong?” Taehyung stills his pencil on the paper. His umber eyes search his own, fathomless pools that lead down to where his soul rests. Yoongi shifts uncomfortably in his chair—gnawing on his bottom lip. The urge to flee is building deep within his gut the longer Taehyung stares.

“I—just…can we—“ Namjoon closes a book at his desk not far from them. Time is up. Yoongi scurries out of his chair before a confused Taehyung can even get a word out.

“I expect that we all have these portraits finished by the end of this week. Make sure to get with your partner outside of class. We move on to the next section of our studies tomorrow!” Namjoon calls over the commotion of closing sketchbooks and chairs being pushed away from tables.

They file out quietly while Taehyung and Yoongi hang back—miles apart from each other. Taehyung side glances at Yoongi a time or two—and each time, Yoongi’s heart does that thing romance and drama movies try to portray—fluttering out of synch with the rest of his body. His tail curls around his right arm protectively as he looks anywhere else but Taehyung.

“You two did great today. I knew you’d make the perfect pair.” Namjoon comments as he cleans up stray supplies. “I’ll have the students watching you next time we do a pairing. Marvelous work, Tae—and Yoongi hyung.”

Namjoon’s ending comments each class usually signal Yoongi to bolt out of the room—fearing that he may end up embarrassing himself. But before he can make a move, Taehyung’s long fingers curl around his wrist—barely brushing against the fur of his tail. It takes everything in him not to jerk away. A fleeting moment passes and Yoongi stops trying to pull away. He’s caught in Taehyung’s magnetizing eyes once more—barely able to breathe.

“Won’t you come have some coffee with me? Work is over…we have some time. I can finish your portrait too!” Taehyung’s thumb presses into the soft skin on the underside of Yoongi’s wrist—where a pulse point should be. Namjoon gazes between them.