We Hand-Painted Strawberries On A Swing

Ao3 by - intronevermind

Summary :

Taehyung brings strawberries to a rock concert, and Yoongi is too damn drunk to mind.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Jimin and Jungkook had decided it had been a good idea to bring Yoongi to a rock concert after their exam week. The two had been conspiring in front of the older one for several weeks now, and Yoongi had been furious every single time they had come over and hadn't paid attention to him, but instead to each other, shooting knowing looks.

The thing is, Yoongi doesn't like surprises, especially when it's concerning him and especially when the surprise ends up to be a goddamn rock concert where he has to pretend that he likes rock music.

He hates rock music. Jungkook and Jimin know he hates it, so he doesn't understand what on earth he is doing inside of Madison Square Garden with his two best pals (actually, ex pals because he cannot deal with their stupidity for bringing him along).

"I'm never trusting you two again." He mumbles, but he only earns two similar bright smiles.

"Yoongi, stop being a party pooper." Jungkook mumbles, but the excitement is clear on his face.

If there's one person that feels at home in a big ass venue with heavy guitars and drums, it's Jeon Jungkook.

Who happens to be dating Park Jimin, so it doesn't really surprise Yoongi that Jimin loves these kind of spots as much as his bunny boyfriend does.

"I'm not being a party pooper, I'm going to have great fun at a band I don't fucking know." Yoongi shows his gums, but the thoughts circulating his head all point to one spot and that's the bar he had seen when they had entered the venue.

"You are the one who's always encouraging us to discover new artists, Min."

Yoongi wants to punch himself, because he does encourage the two youngsters on a daily basis to go into town and walk into a pub and just listen to the artist playing.

But he had been hoping they'd discover the true magic of hip-hop or perhaps some good ol' wannabe Michael Jackson. Not rock music with speakers that hurt his pretty little ears.

"What's the name of this band again?" He mumbles, not giving in to the soft snickering behind hands from the two boys when he doesn't respond to their statement.

"You Me At Six." Jungkook grins, letting go of Yoongi's arm and jumping around in excitement.

"It's seven now, does that mean they're late?" Jungkook stops moving around and looks him dead in the eye.

"I'd say your jokes are as bad as Seokjin's, but that'd be an understatement." Yoongi grins, feeling satisfied with his joke nonetheless before he points at the little bar in the corner.

"I'm getting a drink, if I want to survive this night I shouldn't try to get through it sober."

"Can you get us some as well?"

Yoongi cocks his brow. The two brats bring him to a concert he doesn't want to be at, and then they decide it's okay to ask him to pay for their drinks.

"Please," Jungkook pouts.

"Hyung."

Yoongi clenches his jaw together and storms off without looking at the two for longer than a second.

The two boys, who are two years younger than Yoongi himself, still have the tendency to use Korean honorifics with him even though they've all been born and raised in the United fucking States.