chapter forty-three: jade crushing

the carriage drove unhurriedly on the road, the hustle and bustle of the beggar festival gradually faded away, and the closer it was to the palace, the more deserted the market became.

the two sat side by side in the carriage, and ning zhiyu leaned on yan iris's shoulder and said something softly to him, but yan iris never responded to him.

"ariel?"

"awful? ......"

ning zhiyu summoned yan zhiyu several times, and yan zhiyu only returned to his senses and turned his head to look at ning zhiyu: "... well? "

ning zhiyu sat up and worried, "what are you thinking?" "

"you've been wandering with me these days, but what problems have you encountered in state affairs?"

yan yi smiled, "no. "

ning zhiyu fixed his handsome side face, and indescribable sadness floated in his heart, always feeling that although this person was sitting next to him, his heart was getting farther and farther away from him.

today, yan zhiyu did not intend to take ning zhiyu out, ning zhiyu begged him for a long time, saying that he wanted to go to the temple fair on the street like an ordinary couple, see the flower lanterns, ning zhiyu rarely wanted anything, yan zhiyu could not bear to refuse, and saw that his spirit was much better after taking the dragon scales in the past few days, so he agreed.

however, from the day xuan long left, his heart never stopped missing.

yan yi knew that he was not right like this, but he couldn't control himself at all, he was just obsessed with xuan long's body at first, he wanted to be happy with him when he got a little closer, and now that xuan long was gone, his heart was vacant, although he would not die, but the face of the dragon in his head lingered, thinking when eating, thinking when sleeping, thinking when dealing with the government, even when he was with ning zhiyu, he couldn't help but think about it frequently.

i know that the deeper i fall into, the deeper my betrayal of ning zhiyu, however, if people can easily control their feelings, where will there be so many idiot men and women who are martyred for love.

don't...... did he really like the dragon?

what about ayu, what about ayu... when yan yi thought of this, his heart tightened fiercely, and just at this moment, ning zhiyu suddenly coughed.

yan yi was shocked in his heart, and took out a handkerchief from his sleeve and handed it to ning zhiyu's lips, ning zhiyu raised his hand to take it, and yan yi gently followed his thin back: "is it uncomfortable?" "

ning zhiyu shook his head, covered his lips with a handkerchief and coughed incessantly, the curtain of the carriage was blown up by the wind, and the moonlight coming through the window reflected his face was miserable, and his eyes were scarlet.