chapter seventy-two: exchanging millions of soldiers for him

in the ciren palace, the beautiful woman who still had the charm of the charm sat on the throne of the lord, and when she heard the palace maid say that her son was coming, she did not want to think about it and got up and greeted her happily.

yan weiheng entered the door to see the empress dowager and performed the ceremony in a formal manner.

"heng'er can be counted as coming, and the queen mother has been waiting for you for a long time."

empress heng was over forty years old and had a gentle temperament, so she lifted up her son, pulled yan weiheng to the tea table, and smiled.

"heng'er sat down quickly, just in time the imperial dining room sent two plates of dim sum, it was hibiscus cake and peach bun, you taste."

yan weiheng obediently sat down and took the snack handed by empress heng: "thank you empress mother." "

although the two were born mother and son, due to past experiences, they were not as close as they seemed on the surface, which was the estrangement in yan weiheng's heart and the pain in empress heng's heart.

yan weiheng put the snack in his mouth, took a small bite, and savored the taste.

empress heng looked at his handsome face and said softly, "i heard that you will be back at the border in a few days?" "

yan weiheng: "hmm. "

empress heng's eyes were unwilling: "you have been fighting at the border pass for many years, and you have only been back for so long, so you have to go back, and you don't even have time to marry a wife." "

"your imperial brother is also, you have to marry a male queen, and now you don't even have a son, how can this be good?"

yan weiheng: "you asked erchen to persuade him, and erchen has already persuaded him." "

the empress dowager knew what happened at the birthday banquet, and the woman who resembled ning zhiyu's eyebrows was accidentally rescued from the hands of a mountain thief on the way back to beijing, and it just so happened that the empress dowager asked him about it, and yan weiheng gave the woman to yan yi as a birthday gift, which caused him to be furious.

empress heng sighed, "eh, the queen knows." "

"哀家虽将皇上养大成人,但终究并非皇上亲母,不好左右太多,他如今能敬着哀家,已是没有忘恩负义,母后不好再苛求什么。"

"当年若不是他保你一命,母后便连自己的珩儿都要失去了,哪里还有如今的好日子过。"

yan weiheng had heard this many times, and he knew that the empress dowager was reminding him not to be ungrateful. compared with his own son, he may have deeper feelings for yan yi's adopted son.