chapter thirty-eight: there are tears in the eyes

the man on the bed really looked like a breeze as described in the mouth of the palace maid, but he looked too weak and pale, and when he saw that he was even weak in speaking, he knew that he was terminally ill and that his life would soon be over.

yan yi treated him like a precious jade object, carefully holding it in his palm, and even speaking too loudly.

xuan long had thought that yan yi was already good enough for himself, so good that he couldn't help but enshrine those intentions as the most important things in his heart, but at the moment, compared to the man on the bed, those good things seemed very small.

yan yi would not be so patient with him, and always got angry without saying a few words.

it turned out that yan yi was not just a child's heart, but his gentleness was all given to others, and naturally there would be no room for him to share it with him.

being able to pretend to squeeze out a little bit and act with him is already very reluctant.

ning zhiyu had served the dragon scales, and there was a dragon's breath in his body, and it didn't take long for xuan long to realize that the dragon's breath belonged to him.

what a terminally ill friend... where there are terminally ill friends, they are clearly a couple who love deeply.

xuan long hadn't cried for a long time, and when he was very young, he didn't like to cry very much, because his mother always beat him, and if he cried, he would beat him harder and harder. after putting up with it a lot, i got used to it, and no amount of blood could be silent.

the most cruel time he cried was the day when he was driven out of the dragon clan by his mother-in-law,he cried so hard that he held his mother's leg and begged her not to drive himself away, he would obey, he would shrink into a corner she couldn't see without upsetting her.

on that day, the mother's heart was still fierce, and she had never been half distracted by him, and the little xuanlong, who had not yet arrived at a hundred years old, dragged his seriously injured body and left the dragon clan slowly.

in the nearly ten thousand years that followed, no matter what xuan long encountered, he never cried again.

what could be more painful than being hurt by a bloody relative?

there won't be.

until xuan long met yan yi. the terran laughed so beautifully, like a little sunlight coming through the cracks of the perennial mossy rocks, only a small beam, and every morning when he got up, he always felt that the world had changed.

he was happy to serve yan iris, willing to wash his dirty clothes, willing to go to the market for him to buy his favorite food, and he didn't feel troublesome to run several times a day, as long as yan iris felt happy.

as long as this person was happy, he was not even afraid to pluck the dragon scales off his body alive, and those pains were nothing compared to the weight of the swallow kites in his heart.