chapter hundred-fiftytwo: all in vain

a generation of emperor stars fell, and the celestial realm held a memorial ceremony, and white silk was hung everywhere for three days.

the fall of the gods can not even leave the bones, and it is not like mortals who need to do cumbersome funerals, such as small funerals, funerals, funerals, funerals, stopping spirits, keeping spirits, large funerals, funeral burials, burning seven, keeping filial piety, and so on.

at the time of the great burial, the corpses of mortals would be put into coffins in front of relatives and friends, and yan yi, as the emperor of the celestial realm, only had a four-square box as a coffin, which contained the most cherished objects in his lifetime, placed on the spiritual hall, and the gods came to pay homage, which was considered to be a cessation.

the most cherished treasure of yan iris before he was born was a delicate wooden man, similar to the wooden man he had a box, which was the relics of the xuan dragon found from the palace when he first went to the mortal world to collect the soul of xuan long, each wooden man was the appearance of yan iris, but the carving was thick and thin, and there was only one that was the most complete and exquisite coloring.

that was xuan long's intention.

the spirit god king heard yan iris mention it before he was born, when yan iris had not yet drunk 'from the beginning', but his body was already very bad, after waking up from a long coma, he grabbed the wooden man to look at it, tearful eyes and smiled, saying that xuan long was clumsy, even a wooden man was not carved well, making his hands full of injuries, it was not easy to carve well, the person who received the gift was not rare, and he thought that his gift was low.

however, yan iris was very precious to that wooden man, and when he slept, he had to hold it and stick it to his heart, for fear that if he didn't hold it hard, he would lose it. whoever robs him will take his life.

therefore, on the day of the great funeral, the spirit god king personally put the wooden man into the coffin of the swallow kite.

three days after the cessation of the spirit, under the gaze of the gods, the tablet of the yan iris was held by ah zhi in both hands and sent to the shrine, and the coffin of square size was placed in the dark grid under the tablet, and it would be buried here forever along with the gods who had fallen in the past. 

from that day on, xuan long went to the statue of the heavenly dao to kneel down and chant the sutra every day, and such a kneeling was tens of thousands of years.

there was no point in him doing so, the dead could still be surpassed, and the gods who had vanished even had their souls gone.

all in vain.

shortly after yan yi left, rumors spread in the divine realm of the first heaven and even the ninth heaven, saying that the emperor was killed by xuan long's lone star that day, and ah zhi heard the rumor and asked xuan long with red eyes if this was the case.

xuan long faced the little man, unable to speak, the rumor was actually not a rumor, it was true, if yan yi did not want to meet him and fall in love with him, he should now be good, happily be his emperor, marry a queen of heaven who matched his fate, hold the hand of his son, grow old with his son, and fill the hall with his children and grandchildren.

seeing xuan long's acquiescence, ah zhi burst into tears and pounced on xuan long and beat him, asking him why he wanted to kill his father.

xuan long was silent, still he vented, ah zhi ran out of the east pole hall after crying, after that day, he refused to see him again, even if he met, he did not know him, and refused to call his mother.

xuan long felt that it was good that he was born ominous, he had killed his lover, and the child should not get too close to him, so that he would not be contaminated.

ten thousand years later, xuanlong went to the mortal world alone, and built a small courtyard of bamboo buildings deep in a bamboo forest near the east china sea, and the entrance of the courtyard was surrounded by bamboo fences of uneven length and length, and the stone roads of different colors spanned the courtyard, dividing the courtyard into two, on the left was a stone carved round table and a round bench, and the right side was reclaimed out of the mud, and xuanlong personally planted the iris seeds brought by the divine realm.

he had thought that if he wasn't xuan long, and yan yi wasn't the heavenly emperor, they were just a pair of ordinary mortals in love, and the names of the two of them were linked by a red thread in the marriage book of the old man.

they will marry, and then have a child, and live in such a small courtyard that no one disturbs, no need for wealth, no need for glory, and coarse tea and light rice are enough.

the iris planted in the yard will bloom in the spring of the coming year, the light fragrance is overflowing, when the weather is good, the family of three will eat around the stone table in the courtyard, and eat in the house in bad weather, in short, as long as they can accompany each other.

as long as you can accompany you, no matter what.

it's a pity that what he had hoped for... it is far more difficult than glory and wealth, even if in the final life, the path is scattered and the sacrifice of life is in vain.

xuan long spent an afternoon planting irises, and in the air, a wisp of inconspicuous dust slowly drifted down, merging with an unburied iris seed in the mud, flashing a light that could hardly be captured by the naked eye...