Chapter 16- The Hospital

I had woken up from the light burning my eyes, and all sorts of sounds beeping around me. I felt that someone was holding my arm, and I figured that I must be in a hospital, and the person holding my hand must be Enid. I didn't want to open my eyes, because the eyelids felt like they weighed 100 pounds and I wasn't ready to torture my eyes with the bright hospital light. 

   ''I am alive?'' I thought while still struggling to find my full consciousness, ''thank God.'' I opened my eyes and for a few seconds, I didn't see anything expert pure whiteness.  I finally where aware of my surrounding and turned to see Miss. Weems holding my hand, in the end, it wasn't Enid who was holding it. She saw me turn my head and looked at me and I thought: ''Was she crying?'' Her eyes were red, mascara smudged and her face all bit puffy. 

   ''Y/n!'' She quickly leaned towards me, ''I really thout you wouldn't make it? I thought I had lost you!'' ''I'm sorry!'' I started sobbing, ''I left the school after 10 pm and the monster attacked me, I am really sorry! I wanted to go tell you, but I blacked out.'' Miss. Weems spoke: ''I found you in your bathroom laying in a pool of blood, pale as a ghost. Doctors were convinced that you won't make it through the surgeries.'' ''Surgeries, for how long was I out?'' I asked concerned. Miss. Weems said: ''It has been roughly 24 hours since I found you, and you needed to get stitched up after that thing had attacked you if I am right.'' ''I am really sorry..'' I said when Weems cut me off: ''Don't apologize, just be glad that you are alive right now, but now I will go tell the nurse that you woke up.'' She stood up and before she left she kissed me on the forehead. Thank god she left, because, on the monitor, it was clearly visible that my heart rate went up. 

   ''Did she stay with me the whole night?'' I wondered in my head, being really happy that I get to talk to Miss. Weems. Shortly after a doctor, a nurse, and Weems came in. Miss. Weems sat down and took my hand when the doctor started explaining me stuff:'' You had lost a lot of blood, and there was a small chance that you would make it through due to the injuries you suffered, but clearly you did make it and we should be grateful for it! You can't make any sudden moves, while the stitches are healing.'' ''When will I be able to leave? I asked, knowing I didn't want to miss The Raven. When the man started talking I felt Miss. Weems's hand squeeze mine tighter.  ''We would like to keep you here overnight, and if there won't be any complications, you may get to leave tomorrow!'' The man said excitedly. 

   When the nurse and the doctor left, Miss. Weems said: ''The sheriff would like to talk to you about the attack, you are the only one of the few who can give a statement.'' ''Yea ok, but it was dark, I just remember the figure,'' I said, trying to keep my heart rate normal, but at times it started beating faster. Weems didn't let my hand go not once, while we just chatted about The upcoming Rawen that was on Friday. ''So who are you going with?'' Miss. Weems asked. ''Oh, I am going with Enid because we both don't have a partner,'' I replied while looking into Miss. Weems's eyes. She suddenly let go of my hand and said: ''I need to go to Nevermore for a few hours, do you need me to bring you anything?'' ''Yes, you could bring me my phone that is on the bathroom counter and the blue book which has a cat bookmark in it, please,'' I asked in the softest voice, to appreciate what she is doing for me. 

   When Miss. Weems left, I had nothing to do so I decided to go to sleep, but shortly after I had dosed off, someone woke me awake. It was Enid and Wednesday. ''What happened to you??'' Enid said while placing the flowers, she had brought, in the vase. ''I snuck out at night and got attacked by the monster,'' I said, still groggy from being woken up. ''The principal was really worried about you, she didn't come back to Nevermore since she took you to the hospital, I assume she stayed here,'' Wednesday said, in a cold voice as always placing a set of black roses on the desk, next to Enid's flowers. ''Will you be back to Nevermore for The Rawen, please say yes!!'' Enid said while crossing her fingers waiting for my answer. ''Yes I will be, don't worry,'' I replied to her question. We just chatted until the Sheriff came in to ask me some questions.

   ''Hello Y/n, hello girls,'' He said as he pulled out a notepad and a pen from his shoulder bag. ''Mind if I ask you some questions?'' He asked sitting down on one of the free chairs. ''Umm yes of course, but there is nothing to really say,'' I replied confidently. For 20 minutes the Sheriff was asking me all kinds of questions until he got a call, and he needed to go: ''Thanks for some details you were able to share, oh and girls do you need a ride back to Nevermore? It is getting quite late. I am going in that direction.'' Enid checked the time and asked if I was ok if they left: ''Yes, don't worry, you can go, I won't disappear anywhere!'' I chuckled. 

   After everyone had left It was just me and my thoughts. ''I miss her soft hand touching mine, and her blue eyes staring into mine.'' I sighed, ''When will you be back.'' I just stared into the hospital walls, replying to all the moments we shared together, I had even forgotten the troubles about Miss. Weems asking me if I liked her. 

   2 Hours had passed since Enid and Wednesday had left, when suddenly Miss. Weems walked in with my stuff in my backpack and carrying 2 cups in her both hands. ''I brought you some hot chocolate, I thought coffee wouldn't be the best thing right now, and I brought you some clothes too.'' She handed me the hot chocolate: ''Thank you, I really appreciate what you are doing for me!'' I said kindly. ''Oh, don't worry! As long as you are safe. I will always be there for you Hunny!'' As she said that I felt my heart start to pump really fast, and now Miss. Weems can see that as well. ''Are you alright, should I call the doctor?'' She asked worried, but I quickly answered: ''No, no, I am completely fine, don't worry.'' She sat down and grabbed my hand once more: ''You should rest, it is getting quite late.'' She said and I agreed. ''Yea, I agree I am getting quite sleepy, but where are you going to sleep?'' I asked really confused. ''I will sleep on the couch, it is actually quite comfy.'' She replied still holding my hand. ''Ok, off to sleep now hun, big day tomorrow.'' 

   I finished my hot chocolate and closed my eyes. Miss. Weems still was holding my hand, but I couldn't fall asleep, so I just listened to her soft breathing, and right before I fell asleep I heard her say: ''I love you..'' and in my thoughts I replied: ''I love you too.'' And then I dosed off.