Chapter 83-What Will Happen

I was really nervous and my leg was shaking while sitting in the car and Larissa noticed that. I didn't think about anything else, just Alex, but then I felt Larissa place her hand on my thigh. "Calm down honey, everything will be alright." "You don't know that." I forced my leg to stop shaking but went on fidgeting with my rings. "I suggested for you stay back at Neve-" "DON'T...even start!" I snapped turning away from Larissa to face the road. 

   When we arrived at the hospital I immediately jumped out of the car starting to walk toward the building. "Y/n...wait!" Larissa shouted while following my footsteps, but I was already way ahead of her so I didn't stop. "Hello, how can I help you?" The receptionist asked as I approached the front desk. "Hi! Yes, could you please tell me in which room is Alex Stone at?" I asked in a calm voice, and I felt Larissa walk up behind me, but the receptionist still answered her question: "Alex? We don't have Alex admitted to this hospital, do you perhaps have misunderstood something-" "Alexandra." Weems corrected me and I understood that I was used to using her nickname more than her actual name. "Oh Alexandra, she is on the second floor in room 203, but you can't go..." 

   "Thanks!" I said and immediately walked away aiming towards the stairs that lead to the second floor, while in the background I could hear Larissa's voice, calling for me to come back, getting fainter and fainter. I quickly walked up the stairs and looked for the number "201,...202..., oh 203, here." I took a deep breath before I pressed down the door handle and stepped in, but immediately a doctor pushed me out saying that I can't come, not yet, and I didn't even catch a glimpse of Alex. And then he shut the doors right in front of me. 

   While standing there facing the door, I decided to go use the bathroom, or else if I stay there any longer, I will lose my sanity and make a fool out of myself by doing something stupid. So I found the bathroom and went in, I locked myself in the stall and just broke down. I didn't have a reason to cry, but that was the reason why I was crying because I didn't know, I could only question myself. I always thought I was a strong person in these types of situations, but when I am experiencing it right now, I realized that I was just a person with feelings. I stepped out of the bathroom stall when I had nothing to cry out anymore, I was feeling empty and  I don't know for how long I was in the stall, but long enough to make myself look like a drug addict. I walked up to the mirror and looked at my reflection, my eyes were all red, so I decided to wash my face with some cold water. 

   ''Oh Y/n, here you are.'' Larissa said as I approached her in the hallway where she was sitting. She stood up ready to give me a lecture, about running off and not obeying her, but before she could even start, I just hugged her. ''I'm scared Larissa,'' I said pressing the side of my face in her body, I needed some comfort right now, I didn't want to let go of the hug, but I needed to because this was the hospital, and hugging your principal longer for a minute probably seemed weird for other. ''I know...come sit down.'' She gestured to the plastic hospital chairs, where she sat down pulling me down as well. 

   ''I know how you feel...'' She said but I got confused and wanted to know how could she possibly know what I was going through. ''How do you possibly know what I feel?'' I placed my hands in my lap and looked down at them, I wasn't mad at Larissa, I was just confused and scared. ''You...that morning, when I found-'' ''You found me... almost dead on the bathroom floor,'' I remembered that she went through the same emotional rollercoaster that I was going through right now. ''I'm sorry, I lashed out at you back at Nevermore and the car, you just wanted what was better for me.'' I started fidgeting with my fingers while my leg started bouncing up and down. ''It is fine, don't worry, I probably lashed out at somebody as well when you were in the hospital.'' She chuckled, and her little giggle made me for a second feel more relaxed because she made me feel better. 

   ''I could have lost you that day.'' ''Yea, it just hit me that I almost died that day, but you know why I walked back to the school from the woods that day when I got attacked?'' I asked trying to make the atmosphere easier. ''Why?'' She turned her head towards me with an interested look. ''Well...-''  I got cut off by the same doctor who had shut the door in front of me. ''Are you here for Alexandra?'' And we both stoop up and I nodded my head while Larissa formally answered: ''Yes, yes we are.'' ''Then you can go see her,'' he looked at me, but then at Larissa and said: ''Mind having a word?'' But I left them both and went to see Alex.