Chapter 96- Enlightenment

I woke up when the bright morning sun was shining in my eyes, and the first thing I notice is Josh sleeping next to me. He wasn't just sleeping next to me, but he was cuddling me, his hand was wrapped around me and his face was pressed against my back, and that just felt weird. Last night Josh had made a bed for himself on the floor letting me sleep in his bed, but I guess when I had fallen asleep he crawled in next to me and that brought me back to when I and Larissa used to snuggle in bed and that was something I really wanted right now, but not from Josh. 

   So I carefully, not to wake him up slid out of his arms, sat down on the ground where he was supposed to be sleeping right now, and picked up my phone from the floor. As soon as I turned it on I saw that I had one missed call and a message from Larissa, so I checked what she wrote to me: 

''Hey honey, I am wondering where have you gone?''- Larissa

''I would really like to speak to you, please.''- Larissa

''I want to make things right.''- Larissa

   And as I read that my heart melted a little, and then I remembered the conversation I had with Josh last night. That I wanted to take a break from Larissa. ''Do I really need it?'' I was still doubting it. I didn't want to take a break from her, Larissa was my whole life and the reason I kept going, and if I would split up with her, I wouldn't know what to do here anymore. Josh said that I would be better off without her, maybe he was right, but maybe he wasn't. ''I don't know what to do...'' This big decision made my stomach upset so I wasn't feeling very well. 

   ''Should I text her? What if she is worried about me?'' I didn't want her to worry about me, because I knew how much she cared about me and that is why I started doubting what Josh had said to me. ''I can't make this decision alone, it is too hard.'' I placed my phone in my lap and looked over at Josh, wondering if I should wake him up and ask for his opinion once more, tho I already knew what he would say. 

   ''Molly...'' I remembered that Molly knew that I was dating Larissa and that she completely supported it, so she would be the best person to ask for advice. I was glad I had a friend like her and that made a little smile appear on my face, those were the first warmest emotions I had felt since this whole thing went down. I grabbed my phone from my lap and stood up, I decided to call her right now, I didn't care that she was sleeping, I needed her opinion right now, so I quickly glanced at Josh to make sure he was still asleep before I left his room and stepped out in the hallway. 

   I knew he had a cozy living room downstairs, so I quickly stepped down the stairs and entered the room which had a light brown couch in the middle of it, so I walked up to it and sat down. I unlocked my phone with my shaky hands and immediately rang up Molly. And if she was sleeping I was doing her a big favor by waking her up, because she probably had 10 unfinished assignments to do just like me. 

   ''Y/n? Why are you calling this early?'' Molly picked up asking in a confused but happy voice. ''Hey, I have something important to ask you, I need your opinion on something right now!'' I nervously asked almost starting to bite my own nails. ''Go ahead, I am listening...'' I could hear interest in Molly's voice so started telling her the story about me and Larissa and the thoughts of taking a break from her, and that is why I needed her help, to figure this out. 

   ''DON'T!'' She strictly said. ''Don't what?'' I asked a bit confused. ''Absolutely DO NOT, listen to that boy, Josh, or whatever his name is. He likes you! So obviously he is going to say that! He probably wants you and I bet he uses every chance to get close to you! Don't listen to him, and please do not break up with Weems!'' She demanded. ''Why shouldn't I?'' I wanted to know Molly's full opinion on this. 

   ''I saw how she looks at you and how you look at her, your eyes sparkle when you talk to her, and so does hers. Weems is the best thing that has happened to you in your whole life, you aren't that sad little pathetic girl I used to know, you have become more cheerful and positive since you met her! And so what if you fight?! You always make up with her in the end, and these little things make your relationship stronger. You can't give all that love up just because of this stupid thing, that probably is a big misunderstanding anyways!'' I almost cried a little because of what she said. 

   ''Is it really true? That my eyes sparkle?'' I asked wiping my moist eyes on the sleeves of my sweater. ''They glow Y/n! And that is true love I see in Weems's eyes as well. If you're going to break up with her, it will destroy both of you, and I don't think you're heart is going to heal. You will shut yourself off from the world completely, and I don't want to see that happen to you...'' Molly said and she was right, I wouldn't probably recover from that breakup.  ''So...what should I do,'' I asked not knowing whether I should call Larissa or go to her. 

   ''Run to her! Walk to her! I don't know! Just go to her! You need to make up with her, don't let this drag any longer as it has already. Just go to her, run in her arms, hug her, and let Weems explain herself before you say anything!'' I was happy that Molly had said this. She had given me hope that everything would be alright, and now I didn't have any doubt anymore so I decided to leave now and just go to Larissa. ''Okay, Molly. Thank you so much, I will forever thank you from now on. But now I will go get her'' I was about to hang up when Molly mentioned something. ''Oh, and tell Josh that his little mind games aren't working for you! Now bye!!'' Molly hung up in the end. 

   ''Hey, who are you talking to?'' I heard a voice behind me so I quickly turned around to see Josh leaning against the door frame. ''My friend.'' I chuckled as Josh walked up to me, he had no shirt on only his sweatpants, and his abs were showing as well as his v-line. ''Was this, how he was trying to get me? Eww...'' It was so cringy to see him sit down next to me acting all dominant and manly. ''So? Are you going to break up with her?'' He asked as soon as he got the chance. ''Damm, going straight at it...okay.'' 

   I was thinking If I should tell him what I had decided and that I knew what he was trying to achieve, but in the end, I decided to tease him a little, make him believe that he had a shot with me and that I was falling for him. ''Maybe I will break up...I still don't know.'' I bit my lip and dragged one of my fingers down his arm, and saw that Josh got goosebumps. ''Great abs by the way,'' I was trying my hardest not to giggle. I didn't feel bad for playing with his feeling, because I need some fun in my life right now, and it was my way of getting back at him for trying to manipulate me into believing that I didn't mean anything to Larissa. 

   After I had some breakfast with Josh, I asked him to take me back to Nevermore because I had some stuff to do, which I made up, because I just really wanted to make peace between me and Larissa, as well as I got sick and tired from Josh trying to show off, believing that I was falling for him. While in the car Josh attempted to place his arm on my thigh, but I didn't allow him to by placing my own arms there. ''Only hands that can be on my thighs are mine or Larissas.'' I thought in my head and even started daydreaming about her a little. 

   When we got to Nevermore, I was about to leave but Josh didn't stop talking I could see his face leaning closer and closer and I knew he was trying to go in for a kiss, so I pretended like I was a little straight bitch who got nervous from a kiss and just left. I completely didn't feel bad for him, I knew it was mean coming from me, but that is what he gets for messing with my mind. 

   I was in good mood, as I was heading back to my dorm to put my coat down, I was about to forgive Larissa, but I still really hoped that she would apologize to me as well because still I was the victim and Ember was just a little attention whore. 

   When I got to my dorm I first put my coat down and then looked around the room and noticed something. Something colorful was on my bed and as I walked up to it I saw that it was a bouquet of flowers, just laying on my bed. So picked it up and saw a little note on it that read:

To Y/n...

Hello darling, I have something important to say, so please, come see me in my office. 

With all of my love, Larissa.