Chapter 97- I Need Her

After I had read the note I got a nervous feeling in my stomach. I wasn't expecting Larissa to make this gesture, and now I didn't know what she meant by it. I hoped that she was going to apologize, and that helped to get rid of the nervousness. 

   I hadn't yet let go of the bouquet of flowers because they were so beautiful, all kinds of flowers with different colors, so I lifted them up to my face and smelled them. They smelled like home, like a warm spring with a touch of love. No one had ever given me flowers, except my dad on my graduation when I finished middle school or whenever I had my birthday, so this was something really special to me. 

   I didn't want the flowers to wither so I started looking for something where to put some water, and right after that, I would head to Larissa. I didn't find anything, so I just decided to fill the sink with water and dip them there until I found a better solution, but for now, the sink had to do it. Now I was really hoping that she would apologize to me, so everything would go back to normal.

   ''But what if she is thinking of something else? What if she is thinking of breaking up...? No, no, no, no.'' I got bad thoughts in my head and started overthinking everything. I didn't want Larissa to break up with me, because I had already forgiven her mentally. ''Why would she gift me flowers if she wanted to break up with me? That would be stupid! Right?'' I tried to think positively, but it still felt like someone was choking me because I didn't know what Larissa would say to me. 

   Now I didn't know if I wanted to go anymore, in one hand I still believed everything would be fine, that Larissa and I would make up, but on the other, I didn't know anything and I had already imagined how we would break up, so this just made my stack turn around and it felt like I would throw up. I knew I needed to go to her to make this suffering end, but I was so scared and I couldn't sit still so I was walking in circles in my dorm like a hamster in a small cage talking to myself. 

   ''She can't break up with me! This situation is not break-up worthy. I would understand if she would want to break up with me because I did something bad, but not THIS!''  I stopped walking and looked over at the door and I knew exactly what I had to do...''I have to go.'' I finally got myself together, took in a deep breath, walked up to the door, and stepped out.

   I hated myself for immediately assuming the worst out of a situation, ''Maybe Larissa didn't want to break up with me? I can't live without her, I already miss her...her warm lips, soft hair, her hugs, her voice...'' I missed everything about her, I missed my pretty lady, and with every step I took, I got dragged back to reality. I needed to know that everything would be fine, I hoped that things would go back to as they used to be. 

   When I finally got to her office my heart started going faster and harder, it was craving Larissa's love, but at the same time scared of never getting it anymore, so I slowly placed my hand over the door handle while taking in another deep breath. I let my hand sit there for a good minute while I got my thoughts together before I pushed it down letting the doors open right in from of me. 

   So I stepped in, prepared for anything that would hit me. ''H-H..Hey...'' I stuttered out a stupid hello while looking down at the floor. I knew that Larissa was sitting at that desk because I managed to get a glimpse of her as I stepped in, but I wasn't ready to face her, I didn't want to see that facial expression on her when she would say that we are breaking up. 

   ''Y/n...Hey darling.'' I could hear her getting up from her chair and starting to walk up to me, while I kept standing in the same place with my eyes down at the floor. As she was walking up to me she asked: ''Did you get the flowers?'' And I just nodded my head. She finally walked up to me which felt like an eternity, and she immediately took me into her warm embrace. ''Is everything okay...did something happen?'' She saw that I wasn't fine and let go of the hug placing her hand under my chin and lifting it up letting me see her face for the first time in a long while. 

   And I immediately broke: ''Are you breaking up with me?'' I could feel myself wanting to cry. ''What?! Y/n...oh, sweety.'' She took my arm and started leading me to her bedroom. ''What are you doing?'' I asked confused as ever, but she didn't say a word, and that didn't help me at all, she just kept leading me. Then she finally opened up the double doors and lead me in, and the first thing I see is lit candles lighting up the room in a dim light. 

   And Larissa still kept leading me closer to her bed where she sat me down, sitting down next to me as well. ''I don't want to break up with you...I want to apologize, and make up for the time we have lost.'' She scooted closer to me placing one of her hands on my leg making butterflies appear in my stomach. ''I love you Y/n...and I don't ever want to lose you.'' Her words were making me want to bawl my eyes out. 

   I was ready to hear her apology, listen to her talk, then tell her that I forgive her and later snuggle her until I fell asleep. It was the only thing I was asking right now, just to spend some time with the loveliest person in the world. ''So...what is your plan?'' I asked looking around the room, wanting to know why she had lit the candles. ''Well...you will see, but first, we need to talk things out.'' She leaned in and kissed my forehead, probably because she didn't know if I wanted her to kiss me on the lips. 

   ''I will forgive you...I promise.'' I whispered quietly, just happy that this feeling of comfort had returned. 

Authors note:

I will try to make longer chapters in the future, per your request, but I don't know how long they will be because I haven't had much free time on my hands lately.