Chapter 111- Not Giving Up

I was running as fast as possible, trying to escape this tunnel that could eventually lead me to the end, but I knew I wasn't ready to face it. ''I am not dying, there are too many things I haven't done and experienced yet! And who dies from a scissor stab? That is a lame way to go!'' I chuckled still focusing on the exit of this tunnel. 

   I knew I didn't want to die like this, I had always planned my death to be more exciting and spontaneous, like jumping off a cliff into the sea basically killing myself, or just dying for good causes.  There were so many things I wanted to do and accomplish in my life that this just helped me push myself further to the exit, completely ignoring the invisible force trying to push me back in deeper. 

   Despite the exit getting smaller and smaller with every passing second I was getting closer to it with every step I took and eventually, I got there and when I was about to step out, Ember showed up. ''Where do you think you're going?'' She asked having the cruelest expression on. ''Away from here, that is where I'm going! Now move!'' I tried to get past her, but she didn't move, and now I could feel the magical force start to push me deeper in, so I clasped my hands on the sides of this weird exit, that connected this reality to the one in front of me, which wasn't real either. 

   ''I think it would be better for everyone if you went to the other side...so...'' She tried to put her hand on my chest to probably push me, but I stopped her by grabbing her arm, while still holding on to the '''door frame'' like exit. The exit was still closing and I felt like I was in those movies, where the main character is in a really tense situation, trying to survive as the movie was gradually coming to an end, but I knew this couldn't be my end. 

   ''I thought that my life was already written for me, but if this is the planned ending for me...then I guess I have to change some lines and continue writing my own story...'' I said as I gathered all of my strength and launched at Ember throwing us both back into my dorm, just as the magical portal closed off and disappeared. 

   I quickly got onto my feet and looked around feeling my heart sink into my stomach. ''Why am I still here...'' I whispered, I was hoping that by getting out of that tunnel I would immediately be brought back into the real world, next to Larissa surrounded by real people. ''Because you were supposed to be dead...but no! You had to ruin everything!'' Ember walked up to me furious that I could see her face turning red. ''There has to be a way out! I can't be stuck here forever...You know what...'' 

   ''What?'' She asked crossing her arms. ''Because you're not real, and this is all in my head, I hope, I can tell this to you. You always hope that you will be together with Larissa, Principal Weems I mean, even after she told you that she was together with someone.'' Yes and?!'' She asked with a disgusting grimace on her face. I was finally ready to tell her this, even if she wasn't real, I was ready, and maybe by telling her this, I would be brought back to reality.

   ''Well...I am dating Larissa, and that is why I never wanted to participate in your stupid games because I already had everything I had always wanted. I love her so much...and I don't want to go to the other side, I don't want to leave her...'' I walked up to my bed and sat down continuing to talk, ''She is my everything, and I am in this situation because I love her, I came to confront you about you kissing her, in the end, you stabbed me out of jealousy...I could never tell you this in the real world, despite how much I want to, I just know something bad would happen, but look...'' I chuckled,'' In the end, I didn't tell you but still need up in this mess.''

   And at that moment I knew I had to do everything to get out of this place, because if there is an afterlife it would be miserable for me. I didn't want to see Larissa suffer and later get over it and continue on with her life, because I know, despite being in heaven I would never get over her. But suddenly I got drawn back to this world when Ember started laughing. 

   ''Oh, and you think I will get all emotional? This just gives me a bigger reason to end you! I'm like the grim reaper of this place, I can make you die and help out myself in the real world!'' She walked up to me and I noticed that she was pulling something out of her pocket, and I immediately recognized that object, the scissors, and I knew what she wanted to do. 

   She tried to jump on me with the scissors in her hands, but I quickly managed to get away from her, running to the other side of the room next to my table and saw the pocket knife I had bought in the fall to protect myself against that rapist. ''Where were you when I needed you?'' I quietly asked as I grabbed it in my hand, but before I could look back up to see where Ember was, she launched at me and threw me on the ground. 

   ''Now this is it Y/n! You will finally get to be in peace, away from me!'' She said and as sudden as the wind I felt a sharp pain in my chest, and as I looked I saw the scissors back in my body. ''I am not going alone!'' I said as I gathered all of my strength and immediately stabbed Ember right in the heart, making her fall off me. 

   She fell onto the ground right next to me and immediately a puddle of blood appeared under her, but I couldn't watch her for any longer and enjoy the moment of her dying, because I blacked out as well. 

   I got my consciousness back and opened up my eyes, ready to see Ember lying in the pool of blood dead, but instead, I saw something better, a room filled with all kinds of machines, and instantly I knew where I was, in the hospital.