Chapter 113- Change Of Plans

Right after Larissa left I put my palms on my cheeks and felt them being hot. "Gosh, it got so hot in here." I chuckled as I pulled the blanket lower away from me. "Fuck...Larissa, why in the hospital..." I liked talking to her about this stuff, to be more open about it, because then I would feel more comfortable with her in the bedroom, but it was still quite awkward for me to discuss this topic, especially in such a public space. Now I was really glad to be alive and the fact that Ember had been expelled just made my day even better. 

   I finally had a chance to look around the room, and saw all kinds of flowers, with notes attached to them from my friends laying on the table right next to me. "Aww...so sweet..." A smile appeared on my face, but before I could reach out for one of the notes to read them, I got disturbed by a doctor walking in and Larissa following right after her. "Hello Y/n, I'm Dr. Miller." She happily greeted me as Larissa sat down back in her seat. 

   "Hi..." I greeted her as well, as I pulled the blanket back up. "Did you want to go somewhere?" Larissa asked as she saw me pull up the blanket. "Oh no! I...I just got hot." I quickly replied placing a piece of my hair behind my ear. "Ahh, I see..." Larissa understood what I meant by that and quickly turned her face away and I saw her smirk, which made me want to giggle even more.

   In the meantime the doctor pursued her job, checking my vitals and making sure I was physically capable of doing things right and if my brain was working properly. This whole procedure made me wonder something: "For how long was out? Was I in a coma?" I asked curious to know how much time had passed since that night. "Roughly 3 days, and yes you were in a coma...Alright, can I check your wound?" Dr. Miller asked as she walked closer up to me. 

   The doctor continued with her job for a while, discussing some important things with me and Larissa until eventually, she left us both alone. "3 days? Doesn't that mean that Christmas is in a week? I-I, how will I recover quickly, I need to go home for the holidays " I didn't want to miss Christmas and spend it in the hospital, I wanted to spend it together with my family. 

   "Don't worry honey, your mom and dad are coming here for the holidays because you won't have fully recovered on time to go across the country back home, they will come here." Larissa happily replied but I got confused. "Here? At Nevermore? Did you call my mom? Umm...I really wanted to go home, visit my friends...'' I was a little disappointed because I had made plans back home already. 

   ''Yes, I had to inform your family about what happened to you, it would be wrong if I didn't, and your parents decided that it would be better if they came here. At least I will be able to finally meet your parents and... spend the holidays with you.'' ''Wait? Are you not going home for the holidays? What about your family? Don't they miss you? You don't have to stay with me, you deserve some family time as well.'' I was concerned that Larissa wasn't planning on spending the holidays with her family because I wanted what was best for her and I didn't want to be the reason she didn't see her family this year. 

   ''Y/n...I don't really talk to my family anymore well...they don't talk to me.'' She chuckled trying to look fine but behind that smile, I could see that she wasn't fine, her eyes said everything. ''Larissa? What happened? Why?'' I was really concerned so I, despite my hurting wound still managed to sit up in the bed, ''Come sit.'' I scooted closer to the edge of the bed making more room for Larissa, and she did what I asked her to, she switched her seats and sat down next to me. 

   ''It is complicated.'' She said as I scooted closer to her resting my head on her shoulder not caring that we were in the hospital. ''Can I ask why?'' Now I wanted to know why Weems didn't talk to her family anymore because I cared about her and wanted to help her with this, make her feel loved by me. 

   ''I guess they just can't accept me for who I am...they wanted me to marry a rich man a very long time ago, and that is when I came out to them, and they weren't pleased about it. I was already independent so I just moved out wanting to prove to them that I can become successful by myself, which I did, but my family still did not resume contact with me.'' She said and this absolutely broke my heart, I had always wondered why Lariss had never mentioned her family to me, but now I understood why. 

   ''Oh, Larissa...I am so sorry.'' I hugged her from her side despite my wound hurting, I didn't care about that right now, now I just wanted to comfort Larissa and not let her go. ''You always are there for me, to listen to my problems, but now I will be here for you, to listen to you...Now I am glad that I am spending the holidays with you, at least you won't have to spend them alone...'' I wanted to kiss her so badly, but every time I tried to, a nurse or another staff member of the hospital walked past the doors ruining the moment. 

   ''Y/n...please lay back down, I want you to recover quicker.'' Larissa turned to face me and put her hands on my waist, giving me butterflies in my stomach and pushed me deeper into the bed. ''You really don't want to talk about it, huh?'' I asked as I looked into her beautiful eyes, but before I could try to lean in and kiss her, Larissa put her hand on my chest. She quickly pushed me into the bed, but as she was doing that I grabbed onto her dress making her lean down with me. 

   Our faces were now inched from each other and never in my life had I wanted to kiss her as badly as now I leaned in and finally kissed her. Her soft lips coming in contact with mine was the best thing that had happened to me in this whole day, but quickly Larissa pulled herself away from me, sitting back up and looking around to see if anybody had seen us. ''You didn't like it?'' I asked confused as to why Larissa so suddenly had backed away from me because usually, our kisses lasted longer than a few seconds. 

   ''No, not that. It is just...God, I just can't get the conversation we had earlier out of my head...I want to know how rough you can take it...'' She said as she turned to me almost biting her lips, which made me feel nervous making my heartbeat start to go faster, but I tried to keep myself cool. ''Oh...is that so...Well...'' I pulled the covers over me, ''I guess you will have to wait then. I am hurt, remember.'' I nervously giggled trying to look as calm as possible.