Chapter 55- Unexpected Twist

It was Sunday already and tomorrow students would come back from their break, and I was really excited to see Alex and Enid as well as Wednesday.  ''I should make them welcome back bracelets, because...why not,'' I said to myself as the idea popped up in my head. I got up from my bed, walked up to my desk, and sat down. I had plenty of time on my hands because Weems had gone to Jericho to meet the Mayor. I had begged her to take me with her because I was craving a caramel latte, but she refused because as she said: ''I would get bored of waiting for her, and would probably wander off!'' Because of that, I had a little grudge against her: ''Wander off,  yea right!'' I murmured under my breath as I got my box of strings under the desk and opened it picking out some colors. As I was making my first bracelet for Alex a message popped up on my phone, and as no surprise, it was from Josh:

''Hey, you free?'' -Josh

''Yea, what is up?'' -Y/n

''Okay, okay so I will be at Nevermore in 10 minutes to pick you up. Be ready to go to Jericho.'' -Josh

''Why?'' -Y/n

''You will see.''-Josh

I got pretty excited and started getting ready. ''Oh, that reminds me.'' I grabbed my phone and texted Larissa:

''Hei luv, I will go hang out with Josh for a few hours. <3''- Y/n

   I grabbed my bag, left my dorm, and quickly went outside where Josh was already waiting for me. "Hey!" I got in his car which was pretty fancy and smelled like fresh mint. "Hey, how are you." He went in for a hug which surprised me because I usually was the one who gave hugs. "So what are we doing in Jericho?" I asked while scrunching my tote bag between my legs. "Because it is the last day of the break I thought we could just talk, you know...about deep stuff." He said stuttering a little like he was nervous. "I love talking about deep stuff!" I cheerfully giggled before Josh started driving.

   When we got to Jericho I quickly got the long dreaded latte and we went to sit in the park on a bench and started a small conversation which quickly escalated so I asked:  "So what are your thoughts about what happened after death?" I asked him wanting to hear his opinion because I was really interested in that subject. "Well, I believe that you go to that place you most desire, with people who you love." He replied confidently giving me a little smile. "And what is the place you most desire and...who is the person you love?" I curiously asked scooting closer to him, ready to hear everything. "Well...when I die I want to wake up Hawaii with..." He started getting nervous and dragged along the person he wanted to say so I barged in: ''For God's sake! Spit it out, I won't judge!'' "Ok-oaky, so...I, I would want you to be there." He said and it looked like a rock lifted off his chest. "Josh? Wha- what do you mean-" I got cut off when suddenly his lips came in contact with mine. Josh kissed me on my lips...

   When I realized what is happening I quickly pulled him away from me: ''Josh...no. I, I'm sorry, but no... I-I don't like you like that.'' ''But, I really thought...you were giving me signals, all the hugs, and sweet smiles.'' He had cut me off trying to explain himself but I wasn't done talking. ''I am a sweet person, I was being sweet to you.'' ''Oh my god, I can't believe I will have to friendzone him.'' I thought in my head before I said it out loud: ''I like you like a friend, I am sorry, you are a really nice guy and all, but we would have never worked out.'' I said and stood up wanting to escape this suffocating and awkward situation. '' I'm sorry Josh, but I will go now, I hope we can still be friends, I really like spending time with you.'' I turned away from him and walked away. 

   I was walking to clear my head and remembered that Weems was in the city and that maybe she could take me back when she is done talking with the Mayor. So I texted her:

''Hey, are you still in Jericho?''- Y/n

''Sorry no, I just got back. Is there something wrong?'' -Larissa

''No, just checking.''– Y/n

   I won't make her come get me if she just got back to Nevermore, besides there is always a bus I can take. So I went to the bus station and went to check the schedule and the first thing I see is a piece of paper pinned to the board which said:

''From 26th to 30th the bus is out of service.''

''Great, might as well start making my way back if I want to get there before dark,'' I murmured under my breath and started going in Nevermores direction. The whole way back, I kept replaying the moment, when Josh kissed me, in my head feeling worse for him every passing second. My heart was heavy, but it shouldn't be, I didn't like him back and there is no possible way we would have ended up together and that thought calmed me down a little. 

   I finally got back to Nevermore just before dark rolled around and immediately went to my dorm to put down my stuff after that I went to see  Weems. ''Hey, I am back,'' I said as I walked into her office but I didn't get the sweet greeting back as I usually got, Weems just kept sitting on the sofa watching the fire. ''Is something wrong?'' I asked as I walked up to her. ''Mind explaining something?'' She said in a cold dead serious tone that sent shivers down my back. ''What do you mean?'' I asked as I approached her and she finally looked at me. ''What happened in Jericho today with that boy? I saw you kissing him!'' She said raising her voice just a little. ''Oh..'' I knew I had to explain it to her. 

Authors note:

The next chapter will be Larissa's POV, and I might post it today, but I don't know 100% because I have some other stuff to do.