Chapter 115- Awkward

"Hello, Y/n...look who came to visit." Dr. Miller cheerfully said as she entered the room Josh followed right after, holding a bouquet of flowers in his hands. "OH! I see..." I nervously laughed immediately looking over at Larissa to see her expression, and she didn't seem too pleased about what she saw. 

   "Hi, Y/n...h-how ar-arr you?" Josh asked bearly able to form proper sentences because he was stuttering so much. "I'm good, thanks." I awkwardly smiled feeling some kind of pressure on me from every single person in the room. Pressure from Larissa because Josh was here and she knew he liked me, pressure from Josh because he thinks I am into him, and pressure from Josh's mom because she was waiting for something to happen. I didn't know what to do or how to react because everyone was expecting me to react differently, but I just wanted to push everyone out of the room, so I could think for a while and figure out what to say. 

   "I thought you were ignoring me for these past few days, but now.." Josh awkwardly laughed, "Don't listen to the voicemails I left you...they are pretty stupid." Josh said as he placed the flowers next to the other flowers. "Shouldn't have told me, then I probably won't have listened to them, but now you are just asking for it." I started feeling hot because I was so nervous and I was hoping that my heartbeat won't get quicker because then I wouldn't know what to do. 

   In the meantime, while I was panicking on the inside I didn't notice that Josh walked up to my bed and stood there looking over at me. It was only then that I felt Josh take my hand into his making me snap back to reality. I wanted to run out of the room and hide somewhere before someone said something that would make this whole situation even worse. "There is no risk of her dying anymore, right?" Josh asked his mom as I felt him squeeze my arm tighter. "She won't die, everything is fine, we are keeping her in the hospital just so we can follow up on her health and so she can recover." Dr. Miller cheerfully replied meanwhile Larissa was not saying anything, just observing what was going on, giving me little chills from the cold stares she was giving me and Josh once in a while, but Josh didn't notice anything because his eyes were only focusing on me. 

   "Thank God! I don't know what I would do if you died! " Josh exhaled deeply and I felt the grip in his hand getting looser, so I used my chance and pulled my hand out. "H-how did this even happen?" Josh asked me but before I could say anything Larissa barged in and replied instead of me. "Her friend stabbed her because Y/n couldn't handle a little love jealousy." And I knew that this sentence will be the trigger for the next sentence that would be from Josh, and I started feeling nervous. "Oh! Yikes...well..." Josh got cut off when suddenly Dr. Miller's pager started ringing and she excused herself from the room because of an emergency and as soon as she left  Josh dropped that sentence I was fearing the most. 

   "That reminds me...how did your fight with your girlfriend go, did you split up?" And I saw how eager he was to know what happened in the end. I looked over at Larissa and she had the most confused and strange look on her face and now I didn't know what to do. "Ha...!" I stupidly laughed, quickly trying to think of an excuse just so I wouldn't have to discuss it. "Yes, Y/n!? I am interested as well...what happened in the end with your fight?" Larissa asked and I just wanted to disappear at that moment, get erased from existence, or just hoped for Josh to leave, but I knew I had to say something, or else it would seem weird that I just sat there in silence. 

   "No...I didn't split up...everything worked out in the end..." And when I said it I was actually glad to inform Josh about it because maybe now he would back off me and maybe even leave understanding that nothing could work out between us in the end. But from his facial expression, it didn't seem like he was ready to back off. "Oh...well I still think you should have listened to me. Like, what if she only uses you for her own good, you know...If you fight so much, then something is wrong in the relationship, and besides, shouldn't she be here with you? Only your principal is here, she is doing a better job than your so-called girlfriend."He looked over at Larissa who was just sitting there looking down at the floor, listening to Josh talk. "I think your life would be better if you just broke-" 

   "OKAY! THAT'S ENOUGH!" Larissa finally snapped making me awkwardly smile because I was happy that she still cared about what was going on. "Wow...calm down lady...what's your problem..." Josh said in a mean tone and I saw anger in Larissa's eyes, and it seemed like she was ready to throw hands. "I don't recommend for you to call my principal like that...you don't know what you're going against." I wanted to see Larissa say something to Josh, to see that she was ready to protect our relationship while still maintaining it anonymously. 

   "My problem is that you're trying to brainwash her, making her think that the relationship in which she is in is a bad thing. Y/n is a smart girl, and she knows what is good and bad for her, and I believe that her partner is very decent and loyal to her." I got butterflies because Larissa defended our relationships so strongly as if she was waiting for this day to come making Joshes facial expression fade from an awkward smile to a number expression. 

   "Umm...okay, well I think I will leave, things got pretty awkward." Josh stupidly laughed and started moving away from the bed. "Bye, Y/n...I will still come visit you..." And after he said that he left.