Chapter 80- The Wrong Date

"Alex? What's up?" I asked when I walked into my dorm and saw her there. "Hey! I heard you got a cold because of that dare, sorry about that, but anyways...I hope you get well by Friday!" She excitedly said which reminded me of Enid when she is usually excited. "And what is on Friday?" I curiously asked. "I am taking you to Jericho o Friday!" "Why?" I wanted to know and now hoped to get well by then. "It is a surprise, and I know you want to know more, so I will leave you now before you force me to answer." She started walking toward the door, "Bybee! Get well soon, and I mean it. Friday!" And then she was gone, leaving me with a ton of questions. "That was it? I had to leave my love, because of what? 2 minutes, she could have texted me about this! Well, okay then, I guess I will go back." I surged my shoulders and made my way back to Larissa's office. I was excited about Friday and hoped to get well by then.

On Friday: 

   When Friday rolled around, I was all well by then. I and Alex decided to meet at the bus station, so I had a little time to spare, so in the meantime, I changed out of my uniform into different clothes, and after that, I went to inform Larissa that I would be in Jericho. And after having a little sweet conversation with her I had to go."Hey!" Alex greeted me as I approached the bus station. "Hey, so can you tell me...?" "No! You will see when we get there.." She smirked breaking the eye contact. "Oh, you are mean!" I was excited but at the same time starting to get annoyed. "Yust wait a little longer." She enjoyed watching me lose my patience. "It better be good, or else...I swear to God Alex, I will lose my mind." I clenched my jaw as I replied, but before Alex could say anything else stupid, the bus arrived.

    It took us to Jericho and there Alex took over and I had to follow her. Eventually, she took me to Weatherwane and I got confused: "What is so special? It is the place I always go to when I come to Jericho." I said as I looked around and noticed Tyler working so I waved towards his, which he saw so he waved back to me. ''First order yourself something, then...'' She pushed me toward the counter. '''Hi Y/n,'' Tyler greeted me happy, ''the usual?'' He asked already ready to make it. ''Umm...No, I think I will get some tea, yea, mint tea, please.'' I kindly smiled, while I could feel Alex getting more and more excited. ''That is unusual coming from you,'' Tyler said as he started making my tea. ''Alex! What is going on? You are more excited than me!'' I turned to her while pulling my wallet out of my bag. ''Oh you will see, but now wait here, get your tea...''She looked around, seeming to look for someone, ''I will find us a free table.'' And she immediately vanished. 

   ''Here you go, your latte- I-I mean you mint tea.'' Tyler awkwardly laughed handing me the cup. ''Thanks.'' I giggled with him, to make this less awkward for him, but then I turned away and went to look for Alex. I found her sitting at a table next to the window, so I walked up to her and sat down opposite her. ''So...are you going to tell me what you are planning, because you're starting to scare me.'' But I think she didn't hear a word I said because she just stood up and greeted another girl which made me even more confused. Alex made her sit down at the table herself remaining standing and I finally snapped. ''Alex! Tell me what is going on!'' And the girl nodded her head as well and replied: ''Yea, Alex.'' 

   ''Suprise! You both are on a date... together! But now I will leave so... bye.'' And before I could ask her another question she just left. For a minute everything was silent until the girl and I made eye contact, so I decided to talk first: ''So, Alex planned a date.'' I awkwardly laughed and so did she. ''Yea, I guess, she told me it was a surprise.'' This situation was awkward and I wanted to leave, but I didn't want to seem rude so I continued sitting there and asked another question: ''Umm, so what is your name? And how do you know Alex?'' ''Ember,'' She pulled out her hand to shake it, so that is what I did, ''and I know Alex from our school, oh and I think you're Y/n, right?'' I was surprised how she knew me: ''Yea, but how do you know me?'' I laughed and took a sip of my tea. ''All school kinda knows you, the fact that the monster almost killed you, and that you almost got raped...you kinda are sometimes the topic of the day,'' Ember said while I observed her looks, she had long pink hair, but her natural color where strawberry blonde because her roots where starting to grow out, and her style was similar to mine, so I wasn't surprised why Alex did what she did. 

   After a while of chatting it turns out, that Alex was always falling on her nerves about Ember being single, which is why we both were here now. Ember's power was the ability to manipulate minds, which I was pretty impressed with, she was really funny and I enjoyed spending time with her, and to be honest she wasn't bad looking either, but I knew this could never work out because I had already met the love of my life, but I couldn't mention it to her because she and Alex thought I was single. 

   After we had a long funny chat in the Weathervane, we decided to walk back to Nevermore, and I hoped that I could stay friends with Ember, rather than get pushed to date her by Alex, or even worse when Ember herself would make a move on me, but I tried not to focus on what could happen in future, and rather enjoy the time now in the present.