The shirt (Peter Parker)

I sat at my desk, trying to study but finding myself distracted. I looked to my window, willing Peter to appear at it, but somehow knowing that he wouldn't. For some reason, recently there'd been a rise of crime in Queens, meaning that Peter's patrols were lasting a few hours longer than usual. Which fucking sucked for me because it meant that lately, it had been too late for him to come and see me after he was done. I looked at my phone and smiled to myself at the photo that was my screensaver. Peter had insisted on us taking it after I had slept over for the first time, not that I had minded. The picture showed me laughing at the camera as I wore Peter's flannel shirt, his arms around my waist as he kissed my cheek, part of his naked chest visible. I smiled to myself, fond of the memory. Suddenly, I got an idea. I quickly got up and opened my wardrobe, Peter's shirt on a hanger next to all of my other clothes. Peter had asked for his shirt back several times, but we both knew that he was never getting it back. Though, I knew that he didn't mind, he had had several opportunities to take it back and he never got annoyed when I didn't give it back. I grabbed it from the hanger and put it on, breathing in the heavenly scent of my boyfriend. I sighed, my eyes suddenly growing heavy. I looked at my alarm clock and my eyes widened slightly as it read three minutes past midnight.

"Sleep, Y/N, sleep." I yawned to myself. I grabbed my phone and put it on my nightstand before climbing into my bed. I brought the fabric of Peter's shirt up to my nose and breathed in his scent again, letting the familiar and nice smell pull me into the grip of sleep as my eyes fluttered shut.

"Slowly, Peter-crap!"

"Shit."

"Whatever you do, do not wake up your sleeping girlfriend."

"Who...is sleeping in my shirt...aww."

My eyes fluttered open as I heard a camera snap and then felt my bed dip next to me. I opened my eyes fully and couldn't help but smile as I saw the familiar muscular back covered in red and blue spandex. I looked up, my smile widening as Peter sat next to my body on the bed, his back and head hunched over as he looked at his phone. Only he could be so hot doing something as simple as looking at his phone.

"Hey." I whispered, putting my hand on his lower back and making him look over his shoulder at me.

"Hey, sweetheart. Did I wake you?" he responded.

"Yeah, but it's okay. You can always wake me up for some make-out time." I teased. He laughed as he turned to face me completely.

"Bit presumptuous, don't you think, angel?" he chuckled.

"Get here, Parker." I scoffed before grabbing the back of his neck and pulling him down so that our lips met. He laughed against my lips but it dissolved into a smirk as he pushed me down onto my bed and hovered over me, one hand on my waist and the other by my head to support his weight. He started to pull away, laughing again as I leant up and followed his lips with mine.

"Babe, as much as I love making out with you, it's really early, and a school day, we should get some sleep." He spoke, though still looking at my lips.

"Does that mean that you're sleeping over?" I asked hopefully.

"Course, angel. You know I love spending the night with you." He nodded, gently stroking my cheek with his red and blue fingers and making me smile.

"By the way, what were you doing on your phone?" I asked as I lay back in my bed, watching contently as Peter got out of his suit and replaced it with one of his T-shirts that was also conveniently still at my apartment, leaving him in that and his boxers.

"It doesn't matter." He shrugged.

"Really? Because I did notice the sound of the camera going off." I replied sceptically.

"And I did notice the fact that you're wearing my shirt." He returned, smirking at me as he climbed in next to me.

"Don't hate, I love this shirt. I always wear it when I'm worried about you." I admitted as Peter curled his arm around my waist and pulled me closer so that our chests were virtually pressed together.

"Why were you worried, sweetheart?" he asked, looking at me with concern in his eyes as he raised his hand and gently tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Well, you see, I'm kind of dating this guy who almost gets himself killed every night, so it happens." I nodded. Peter chuckled in response.

"I'm fine, look at me. At least you can sleep in peace now." He smiled goofily. I chuckled and shook my head as I curled into Peter's body, making him rest his chin on my head as he wrapped his arms further around me.

"Goodnight, Pete. I love you." I whispered.

"I love you too, Y/N." he responded, a smile on my lips and my eyes fluttering shut as I felt Peter's lips press against my hair.

My eyes fluttered open slowly and I yawned. I sat up slightly, being careful not to wake Peter with my movement that he could probably feel due to his arm being around my waist. I looked at the sleeping boy and smiled as quiet snores left his parted lips and his hazel curls were so messy from sleeping, but were the way I liked them. My eyes drifted to my nightstand and saw Peter's phone sat there. I leant over his body and grabbed the phone to check the time. I pressed the home button and a smile immediately curled onto my lips. I had been right about hearing his camera go off last night. His new screensaver was the photo that he had taken, my sleeping form wrapped in nothing but his oversized shirt and a little bit of my sheets, some of my face hidden in the shirt. I looked down at Peter, who was still fast sleep. I placed the phone back and gently placed a kiss on his cheek before lying back next to him.

"I love you too, Pete." I whispered, smiling as even in his sleep, his arm curled around my waist again. I rested my head against his chest and let his body warmth, plus his gentle heartbeat, pull me back into the grasp of sleep.