The Samurai

Mikoto and Tsuyoi we're heading deep into a forest.

Both had on their hero outfits as Tsuyoi steps ahead of Mikoto to make a clearing for the both of them.

Mikoto: So this is where the Samurai Pro-Hero lives Tsuyoi-Senpai?

The Yukata Senpai only nodded his head before continuing taking the lead.

Mikoto was still a bit unsure about going with Tsuyoi-Senpai to meet the Samurai Pro-Hero.

In fact, he hardly know anything about him.

He had interacted with Kyan-Senpai and Akari-Senpai. Both were different from.thwir personalities. Akari was cheerful and outgoing. Willing to meet new faces and make new friends while helping those who are desperate need of a hero. Kyan, on the other hand, was intelligent but always sleeping often and needed time to adjust to his quirk.

Tsuyoi was very different from the both of them. Always quiet but it seems like he was a man with a few words.

Crossing over the bamboo trees, stood a large japanese shrine.

Mikoto: This must be the place.

They finally made it to the peak of the mountain where a massive torii gate, made of both wood and stone, with a Japanese symbol on it for peace stood before him. Small animals that gave off a dim white glow flow around it as if they were the caretakers or something.

Tsuyoi-Senpai stands before the gate for brief moment before a butterfly lands on the tip of his nose. Mikoto didn't have anything against nature or beautiful things like flowers or butterflies but he could've swore the butterfly look like it was trying to tell the older student something.

Mikoto watched as the wind whistles through the air as leaves from a tree softly rain down to the earth, sun light shining through the gaps in the tree's branches.

The small isolated shrine had a scent of cherry blossom trees soaring with peaceful tranquility fill the air.

The butterfly soon takes off as Tsuyoi looks at the snow user. Eyes still closed though.

Tsuyoi: He's here...

Mikoto: The Samurai?

Tsuyoi nodded.

Tsuyoi: The butterfly told me...Master is waiting...for you...

Mikoto:.....

Mikoto took that as a invitation to be let inside the shrine. He leaves Tsuyoi to his own devices as it looks like the older senpai is occupied to his own surroundings, lost in his own little universe.

Mikoto saw a sacred object nearby the door.

Mikoto: I guess I better be respectful then...

Behaving calmly and respectfully. Mikoto showed his respect by making a short prayer in front of the sacred object.

Doing so by throwing a coin into the offering box, followed by a short prayer.

At some temples, visitors burn incense (osenko) in large incense burners. Purchase a bundle, light them, let them burn for a few seconds and then extinguish the flame by waving your hand rather than by blowing it out. Finally, put the incense into the incense burner and fan some smoke towards yourself as the smoke is believed to have healing power. For example, fan some smoke towards your shoulder if you have an injured shoulder.

When Mikoto begin entering the temple buildings. He begin  to take off his shoes. He leaves them on the shelves at the entrance.

Or usually you take them with you in plastic bags provided at some temples. Wear nice socks. Remove hats.

Mikoto: Okay...I'm here...Now where is he...? Hello....?

Mikoto walk further into the Shinto Shrine. He quietly slid one of the doors open.

Mikoto then noticed a offering hall inside.

At the offering hall, Mikoto quickly throw a coin into the offering box, bow deeply twice, clap his hands twice, bow deeply once more and pray for a few seconds.

Mikoto:.....

He then noticed here is some type of bell or gong. He them use it before praying in order to get the kami's attention.

Mikoto:.....I wonder if my prayers have been answered...?

???: It has my dear child...

Mikoto almost screamed and jumped at the source of the voice coming right behind.

He uses his fast reflexes to try and attack who was behind him.

Only for his fist to be intercepted by a hand.

Mikoto: What....?

???: *Scoffs* Rude...I come in here to congratulate you for passing the first test and this is the thanks I get...children nowadays have no respect for their elders.

Mikoto got a good look at the man who stopped his fist.

He looked about to be in his fifties or sixties. He had a long white hair with a long beard and dark blue eyes.

Mikoto then realized this was the man in the picture that his father gave him...

Mikoto: Are you...Taka Fujimura...

Taka: Yes, that would be me, wise child...and you must be Snowball...

Mikoto: ....(He used my Hero Name...) Yes that is me...

???: Master.

Mikoto jolted and turned his head to see Tsuyoi-Senpai right behind them giving the older man a bow. How long had he been there?!!

Taka: Ah...Tsuyoi...One of my star pupils...I see you brought a wise child for the Hero Work Studies.

Tsuyoi: Yes Master....

Taka: Good...Good...Now then... Mikoto Yukimura was it...?

Mikoto nodded.

Taka: Let me get a good look at you.

Mikoto: Eh?

Taka: Time for your examination!!!

Mikoto: EHHHH?!

Mikoto didn't get the chance to move because the old man charged at him at fast speed before grabbing his face.

Taka: Yes...Yes...YES! I see...!

Mikoto: O____O

The snow user felt very uncomfortable as Take examined him more from head to toe. Mikoto half-heartedly wondered if it be too late to call 1-9-9 after this...

Taka: Hmm....Hmmm....Hmmmm....I see...You are Tohru's child...

Mikoto: Wait...You know my Dad?!

Taka: Of course I do child...I guess he never told you did he...that idiot...even at this age...he still being naive and misguided...

Mikoto: Eh? What do you mean...?

Taka: Your father...used to be my one of previous students.

Mikoto: NANI?!!