Hawks?

Dabi: What are you doing here, feathers for brains.

Hawks: I was hoping we get along better than this, Dabi.

Dabi: Oh? I thought you only had weak feathers left.

Hawks: Well...I can't exactly meet with a liar unarmed.

In a dark alley, Dabi meets with Hawks and it's revealed that they set the attack up.

Hawks points a feather blade at the latter as he is angry that Dabi reneged on their agreement as Dabi mentions he couldn't trust Hawks' integrity and believes he was right by bringing up Hawks' decision to bring Endeavor as the hero chosen to help him stop the threat and Hawks saving people, despite supporting the League's intentions.

Hawks: Well Hey, you did some serious damage to the No. 1 Hero. You should be happy. I haven't broken my promise. You're the one who went back on his word.

Dabi: But it's more unreasonable to for you to think I'd just trust the No. 2 Hero. So this was also a test to see if you were trustworthy.

Hawks: I have to keep up appearance and look...Endeavor was injured...so it wasn't a total waste.

Understanding, Dabi tells him he wasn't going to see the boss just yet but promised to contact Hawks again.

While walking away, Hawks recalls being assigned his mission of gaining the League of Villains' trust since he was the most qualified for it.

Hawks feels the strain of maintaining his charade and guilt at Endeavor's condition which he internally apologizes for as he visits the latter in the hospital.

Hawks: (I'm sorry Endeavor...But I have to do this...)

-Meanwhile-

While walking away, Dabi recalls Snatch and laughs at the heroes' final words.

Dabi: Family...? Haha...I thought about it so hard...I went crazy...

....

???: Oi. There you are...I heard about your little absence a while ago from Shigaraki. Who would've thought you would ask him to borrow the Nomu in order to attack that flaming trash can~!

Dabi: Why you followed me cat boy.

Niko: I'm not a cat. I'm also just wondering why your talking to the Number Two Pro-Hero a while ago?

Dabi: Why bother asking if you already know the truth.

Niko:....I don't trust him...

Dabi hummed a bit. Tell him something he don't know. It's not like he trusts Hawks either. He knows the hero is plotting something the moment he wanted information from the cremation villain.

Dabi: And why?

Niko: I don't think it's right we should have him come aboard. I been looking up some intel on Hawks...

Dabi: Which are...?

Niko: I've been doing my homework... He's a double agent working for the government. He was forced to become a hero when he was a kid.

Dabi: Well that sucks...

Niko: It does. But wouldn't naturally mean he isn't loyal to the Hero Commission. Think about it, why do you think he wants to know what the League is up too so bad...

Dabi: Go on...

Niko: Hawks hates secrets. He can deliberately tell when someone is lying to him. So he would use whatever attempt to the chance to pry off of people's livelihood. If only they know of what he really view of society.