Saving A Life

Man: Yes. I'm alone now and I made it too the destination. We got ourselves another experiment for the boss to have.

Mikoto: (Experiment?)

To Mikoto's horror...the man was holding someone.

It was a child...

Mikoto's eyes went wide. Was this situation a possibilty of a child abduction.

From Sylvia and Kenji's backstory, it gave everyone another brief to know that Japan has a child-kidnapping problem.

It’s not strangers snatching the kids on the playground or at the bus stop; the problem is that when a Japanese national divorces a foreigner overseas, he or she can abduct their children and bring them back to Japan, and the law ensures that the parent left behind has no rights to see the children or take them back home. 

Or in Kenji's case, people who were scientists kidnapping kids to experiment on them to breed the perfect solider.

Mikoto knows he wasn't looking at this wrong...

He turned to Tsuyoi, who, despite his eyes closed, looked at him and nod.

It's time to take action.

As soon as the man was done with his phone call.

Mikoto and Tsuyoi revealed themselves.

Mikoto: Excuse me, sir. Is it okay if we talk for a moment?

The man jumped a bit and turned to them, child still in hand.

Tsuyoi: May we ask...What are you doing with that unconscious child? Is he perhaps your kid?

Man: Why...Umm...Yes...He is my kid...You see...He had a pretty fun day at the park and got exhausted. So I decided to take him home now.

Mikoto: In a middle of an alleyway?

Man: Uhhh...Yes...Oh silly me...I lost my sense of direction...Home is the other way...If you heroes would excuse me...

Tsuyoi and Mikoto didn't budge from their spot.

Tsuyoi: Do you believe a word this man is saying?

Mikoto:...Not one bit...

Tsuyoi: Me either...

Tsuyoi then turned his attention back to the stuttering man.

Tsuyoi: If that's true...then you wouldn't mind telling us what the boy's name is...right?

Man: Y-Yeah...Of course...

Mikoto: Also. How old is he? What school does he go too? What's his quirk? Are you even really his father? Because last time I checked...you're wearing a ski mask...No one wears ski masks anymore...unless...you're a child abductor. But you wouldn't be that type of person, are you?

Man:.....

Tsuyoi: Sir...We asked you some question.

Man: Shut up...

Mikoto: Eh?

Almost like he's having a pyscho breakdown, the man started to scream angrily.

Man: Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! You heroes are always butting in every single. Goddamn. Time.

Tsuyoi: ...!

Man: If you didn't show up! I could've sold this brat to this boss and collect my money! But NOOOOOOOOOOO! Everywhere I go. No matter whatever it is. Some stupid nosy hero has to poke their nose in someone else's business!

Mikoto: So you are abducting him! Release the kid at once!

Man: No can do! I'm not sure if I'm going to get out of this alleyway unscratched. But I gonna make sure you don't!!!

The man pulls out a gun.

Mikoto recognized it right away.

Mikoto: Lookout Senpai! It's a quirk erasing gun!

*BOOM*

*Clash*

Mikoto looked up in shock to see Tsuyoi with his sword. He managed to dodge the bullet on that one. Literally.

Tsuyoi: Mikoto-kun. Quickly get the child.

Mikoto: R-Right!

Kidnapper: Oh No You Don't!

The Kidnapper tossed the child away and tried to shoot. But as quick as he could, Mikoto saved the child at the last second. The kidnapper then ran forward and raised his gun he stopped and struck a weird pose but when the bullets fired the all missed or Tsuyoi would slash them to pieces with his sword.

Kidnapper: Grr! (So either this guy was insanely good or there was some sort of system in his quirk that's helping him.)

He then ran forward again and crossed the first line and started shooting more bullets as Tsuyoi once against dodges them all. He then ran towards the opening. Once he crossed it the number of bullets have dropped back down and the Sniper sneered.

Kidnapper: Damn you! Stay still! Overhaul's plan will prevail!

Mikoto: (Wait...Did he just say... Overhaul?)

Now the kidnapper started shooting faster and the Tsuyoi barely made it the next lane on the street. Tsuyoi saw an opening and went for it.

The kidnapper started shooting faster at him once again and but like always the man failed to match Tsuyoi's speed.

Soon he then lost him.

Kidnapper: W-Where did he go?!

....

"Forge"

Kidnapper: Eh?!

Multiple swords appeared from the ground around him preventing him from moving.

Tsuyoi then appeared next to him holding the last blade to the man's throat.

Kidnapper: H-How?

Tsuyoi: You fell for my trap.

Kidnapper: You think this will stop me! Even if you kill me! I can still shoo-?!

*Freeze*

Kidnapper: My haaaaands!!! COLD!!!!

Mikoto: You're not going to shoot anybody. You're done here.

Mikoto had managed to freeze the man's hands at the last second before he could pull the trigger near Tsuyoi's
heart.

Kidnapper: Fuck!

Mikoto examined the child for a moment. He tried to shake him awake...

Mikoto: Hey...Come on kid...Please wake up...wake up...come on...

He searched for any wounds to make sure he wasn't harmed...

But then he stopped, there was something poking out of the boy's arm.

It was a small needle...

Mikoto: Oh God...He's been drugged...

Tsuyoi: Mikoto-kun, take the child to the authorities. They should be on their way so the paramedics.

Mikoto looked at the small fox child he held in his arms. He had orange hair and fair skin. With a plain white t-shirt and blue pants with multiple fox tails. He was also barefooted and it looks like he won't be walking up anytime soon.

Mikoto: Okay Senpai...

Tsuyoi: And you...

Tsuyoi looks back at the kidnapper.

Tsuyoi: Once they get here...you're going to explain every information you know about Overhaul.