The Final Battle with Overhaul...

Mirio:....

He lost it...

He lost his quirk....

It all happened so quickly...

Him fighting Overhaul...

Learning that Eri was not Overhaul's daughter but the granddaughter of his boss...

Eri accidentally killing her father...

Overhaul's disgusted with Eri's quirk and her existence...

All of it spiral him into rage...

However...

Shin Nemoto grabs the case of Quirk destroying bullets and Chisaki orders him to fire. Only Shin knows the value of the Quirk destroying bullets and cannot waste a single shot; Shin tries to figure out a way to make Mirio deactivate his Quirk.

Suddenly, Shin realizes that Mirio will do whatever it takes to protect Eri, so he aims his gun at Eri. Mirio immediately jumps towards Eri.

Mirio was able to tell that Eri was endangered because she wouldn't scream or cry whenever murderous intent was directed at her and she would simply close her eyes, be silent and grit her teeth; this was Eri's habit that was engraved in her after living in pain and fear for a long time.

Mirio sacrifices his Quirk to protect Eri.

Mirio has reached Eri while Shin fires the Quirk destroying bullet. Eri opens her eyes and sees a smiling Mirio who is about to be hit by the Quirk destroying bullet.

Eri: (No...Why....?)

Mirio: It's okay...I'm here... heroes protect people...no matter what...

Mirio thinks about his childhood where his family's Quirk made it difficult for them to become Heroes, which is why his father gave up on becoming a Hero.

However, Mirio refused to waver and throughout his life he worked extremely hard to hone his Permeation; eventually, Sir Nighteye saw potential within Mirio and made him his sidekick.

Under Sir Nighteye's guidance, Mirio was able to turn his Permeation into a fully combat Quirk; during this time Mirio along with Tamaki and Nejire began being acknowledged as the Big Three...

Mirio covers Eri as the Quirk destroying bullet is shot into his body which begins destroying Mirio's Permeation...

And just like that...Mirio Togata loses his quirk...

Overhaul: What are going to do now, Lemillion. Face it...you're nothing without your quirk. You can never be a hero again.

Eri: (No...No...It can't be...he lost his quirk...and it's all my fault...)

Mirio:....

Overhau: Due to Quirks, people are entitled to dream and begin thinking that they become people that matter...

To that is why Chisaki believes that these people are sick in the head.

As Shin celebrates his triumph, Chisaki laughs at Mirio's efforts and mocks Mirio for smiling because everything he has worked so hard to cultivate have all been reduced to naught and nothing...

As Chisaki is about to deconstruct the ground, Chronostasis is thrown at him, courtesy of Mirio's kick.

Overhaul: (What?!)

Mirio appears before Chisaki and punches his arm.

Mirio tells Chisaki that all his hard work isn't in vain...