The Birth Of Inari

Mikoto sat the boy down in his bed and wrapped the covers around him gently...

Mikoto: There. Now you can feel warm.

Inari: Thank you...

Mikoto nodded as the little boy's eyes begin to close. The snow user smiled as Inari begin to fall asleep again. This time in Mikoto's dorm.

So many questions filled his mind but he didn't want to pressure the small child...

He's been through a lot...

Mikoto:.....

Inari begin to sleep peacefully until Mikoto noticed tears coming from the boy's eyes...

Inari: Papa...Mama... Don't Leave...Please...Don't leave me...

Mikoto panicked. Was he having a nightmare?!

Mikoto had to think fast. He remembered the time when he had a nightmare, his father would sing a small tone when he was little.

Mikoto: How did it go again...? Hmm...

Mikoto quickly remember the lines as possible before he begin to sing.

Mikoto: 🎵Hush little baby don't say a word...Papa gonna buy you a Mocking Bird...And if that Mocking Bird won't sing...Papa gonna buy you a diamond ring...And if that diamond ring is brass...Papa gonna buy you a looking glass...And if that looking glass will brake...Papa gonna buy you a mint chocolate cake~!🎵

Inari begin to calm down...That means it was working! Mikoto continued the small song.

Mikoto: 🎵When the mint chocolate cake you eat...Papa gonna buy you more ice cream sweets...And if the ice cream melts...Papa gonna buy you another one...And if that one melts as well...Mama's gonna refreeze it for you...Hush! Little baby dont you cry....
Mamas gonna sing you a lullaby!🎵

Inari: *Sleeping* Zzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Mikoto: Phew...

Mikoto then offered some comfort as he gently patted the boy's hair.

Mikoto: I'm here...

Inari: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

???: You really are good with kids...

Mikoto almost jumped at the voice and turned his head to see Sylvia and Haru watching near the door.

Mikoto: How long you guys been standing there?

Sylvia: For a little while...when we heard you singing.

Mikoto blushed for a moment.

Mikoto: It's...the song that Dad always sing for me when I was a kid...I really loved ice cream so he changed the lyrics for me...

Haru: Yeah we noticed...So...Umm... What's the situation with him...?

Mikoto looked down at Inari...

Mikoto: He...lost his parents...he witnessed their deaths and was abducted...

Sylvia: ?!

Haru: Oh My God....

-Flashback-

Mikoto: Inari...What do you mean...? What happened to your parents...?

Inari stayed quiet...almost as if he didn't want to say anything. If anything, Inari probably had a trauma for witnessing their death.

The death of a parent can affect a child is pretty devastating.

It's often referred to as the worst experience a parent can endure. A child’s death causes a profound family crisis. It shatters core beliefs and assumptions about the world and the expectations about how life should unfold. The overwhelming suffering and intense emotions that flood the days, weeks, months, and years following the loss is called grief.