Chapter 18

Humble As Dust

    Yu Baoyuan came back from the hospital, feeling slightly irritable.

    Whether the fetus was under the influence of alcohol is still unknown. When he walked out the door, he was barked by Gu Ying's second coercion. Today, it is simply possessed by the gods.

    There were still cars coming and going on the road, and the exhaust of the cars lifted up dust and drifted around.

    The whole city was in a hurry, impetuous and restless.

    Feeling a little hungry, he bought a bread and a box of yogurt from a convenience store, and simply sat by the flowerbed to eat.

    The wind blew, gently blowing the broken bangs on his forehead into chaos. He raised his eyes and saw that the sky was gray, the lead cloud was low, and the air was choked.

    A heavy rain is coming.

    ...

    Anna knocked on the door and got Gu Feng's consent before entering the president's office.

    "President Gu, this is the information faxed by the person below." As he

    said, he handed a copy of the information wrapped in a kraft paper bag to Gu Feng's desk.

    Gu Feng nodded and motioned for Anna to go out.

    When the door was closed, he glanced briefly at the kraft paper bag. Turning to put the information he was reading aside, he picked up the kraft paper bag.

    This is the information of Yu Baoyuan that was ordered in the morning.

    He opened the kraft paper bag and took out a stack of paper reports inside.

    Gu Feng glanced slightly, picked up the pen first, circled the birthday column, and read this day silently in his heart several times.

    After looking through these basic information, you can find out what Yu Baoyuan's life experience has so far.

    Yu Baoyuan was born in a remote county-level city, surrounded by mountains and rivers, with a beautiful environment. In his childhood, he was like all children, carefree, cute and naughty.

    Gu Feng couldn't help but stretched out his hand to touch the slightly vague picture of Yu Baoyuan's childhood.

    Some babies have fat little faces, round and watery eyes, and they hold a dirty plush bear, and their small mouths are slightly pouted like a baby, like a cat with a big milk.

    Gu Feng chuckled unconsciously, unexpectedly Yu Baoyuan looked so harmless to humans and animals.

    So cute.

    Yu Baoyuan's days should have been so happy, but life was not as good as he wanted.

    When he was thirteen years old, his grandparents left.

    It was as if the Pandora's box of life had been opened. Since then, his happy time has gone forever, and the rest are all dark memories.

    Dad's alcoholism, domestic violence, and derailment all showed up. He often hangs out with women until midnight, then returns drunk and beats Yu Baoyuan's mother to the head. As soon as Yu Baoyuan made a sound, he tied him up with twine, gagged his mouth, and slammed with an iron clothespin until the man died.

    His mother wanted to divorce him, but unexpectedly met with fierce protests from the whole family. They think that a divorce between a woman and a man will cause their whole family to lose face and lose their head in front of others, so they do everything possible to prevent the divorce. Grandma directly accused her of not knowing how to tolerate, in front of the whole family, she was a failed woman!

    Mom endured it for Yu Baoyuan. However, after another domestic violence by a man and a big blood cut on Yu Baoyuan's neck, he took Yu Baoyuan on the train overnight and flew high.

    Since then, Yu Baoyuan and his mother have lived on each other, struggling to survive like weeds in a strange city.

    Five years ago, Yu Baoyuan's mother had lung cancer and died in regret.

    Half a year after his mother's death, Yu Baoyuan joined the Gu Group.

    Later, I met Gu Feng.

    He liked a person so much for the first time, even if he was humble, he wanted to take everything he had to treat Gu Feng well, and hollowed out his mind to please him and approach him.

    Gu Feng felt a little heavy, and with a finger move, he turned another page.

    At the end of this document, there are three screenshots of Weibo from a small account that Yu Baoyuan has no longer used.

    The first Weibo post reposted a piece of news about hundreds of thousands of indemnities after a train crashed and killed a person.

    Yu Baoyuan added a short line of words: "It would be great if the person who died under the car was me, my mother would have the money to treat the illness..."

    It is not difficult to imagine that when he typed this line, he was in a mood How bitter and heavy.

    The second Weibo did not have a picture: "I was on the bus today and saw a girl leaning on the boy’s shoulder and fell asleep. The boy kissed her quietly on her face. Both were sitting in the sun, in the eyes of the passengers next to them. It's a smile of blessing. Haha, in fact, I, a gay, really really want to hold the other half's hand openly..."

    Gu Feng squeezed the edge of the paper tightly.

    He could even imagine Yu Baoyuan sitting in the dark, looking at the liveliness and warmth of others, with a humble look in his eyes and a bit of bitter loss.

    The last news from Yu Baoyuan was four years ago.

    "Even though I knocked my knees and bleeds from riding a bicycle today! Today, Gu Feng said he likes the food I cooked! I am so happy. If he knocks his knees once, he will like me more. Hey, I can be disabled! "

    Gu Feng's heart suddenly hurt.

    He took out a cigarette from the side and walked to the floor-to-ceiling window, as if trying to calm the emotions surging in his heart.

    He didn't have a general understanding of Yu Baoyuan's life experience until today.

    Yu Baoyuan is like a weed, fragile on one side and tough on the other. He has the humble roots and the courage to raise his head to the sun.

    He had fallen into the darkness several times, but still climbed up with blood and tears. He was quietly ordinary in the impetuous city, but also waiting for the dawn in the lonely night.

    Gu Feng always disliked Yu Baoyuan's love for being cheap and not worth mentioning.

    However, that is really what Yu Baoyuan has.

    ??