1. Qi Le An's Rebirth

Qi Le An was walking on the street, listlessly.

It was August in Hai City, it was a scorching day, but there was no trace of sweat on Qi Le An’s face, he felt chilled to the bone instead.

Three days ago he went into raptures as he heard he got the male lead part in a drama, but just moments ago he was told that he had lost that part. And on top of that his contract with his company was terminated, the scenes where his manager lashed out at him, wishing to squeeze a million default fine from him, leaped to his eyes, .

To make it worse, wagging of tongues awaited him as he walked out of the company.

“Look! That is Qi Le An!”

“Shhh!”

“What? I’ve always thought Qi Le An must be gorgeous looking, I can’t believe he managed to seduce his boss and frame up his colleagues with a plain face like that!”

“Well, we don’t know what goes on behind the scenes... ...”

“... ...”

The sun was still scorching intensely, the sunlight was so strong that it hurt, but Qi Le An couldn’t feel the slightest warmth.

Qi Le An stood on the street blankly, he swept around the crowd, he felt like someone had recognized him, then he felt otherwise in a split second.

His phone rang, he answered the call.

“Qi Le An! What’s the matter with you? Where’s my money?” it was Qi Le An’s Uncle, he raved at Qi Le An on the phone, “Transfer me the money! Now! Mind you that I raised you in spite of all the hardships! Qi Le An!”

With that Uncle hang up.

Qi Le An stood under a tree, devoid of any facial expression.

Qi Le An’s parents passed away when he was twelve years old, Uncle took care of him for a month after that. Then Uncle sent him to Glory Entertainment to become a trainee on the pretext of ‘it’s gonna be such a waste if such a good-looking boy can’t become an actor.’

Qi Le An had never seen his parents’ pension since they had passed away, and his Uncle would press him for a monthly remittance like he was in debt. Uncle would make a scene if Qi Le An dared to transfer him the money.

Poor Qi Le An just debuted, he didn’t earn much, he was squeezed dry by Uncle.

The traffic light had turned green, Qi Le An took a deep breath and walked across the street.

‘Who is behind this? Is it someone who is on bad terms with me? Why would they frame me up like this?’ Qi Le An was preoccupied by questions like these as he walked across the street.

All of a sudden Qi Le An lost his balance, the sky and earth were spinning round right in front of him, then throbbing pain came from his lower back. Qi Le An’s eyes were wide open as he felt that pain, what met his eyes was someone dashed off from a car with a touch of complacency in the eye, but feigned panic was written all over his face.

As an actor, Qi Le An was good at reading people’s expressions, he could tell that man hit him on purpose immediately. But he fell to the ground in a faint the next second.

Qi Le An just felt like his body was getting heavier and heavier, a sense of weightlessness made him come to for a few seconds.

“To treat him? How much money is that going to cost? I don’t think so!”

Qi Le An heard Uncle’s voice vaguely, then Aunt echoed, “All these years’ caring and loving, we’ve done everything called for by humanity and duty! A family like ours can’t afford to have a vegetative patient, he is better off reuniting with his late parents!”