174. A Video Call

It turned out that Tresse was such a decisive person. That night, he sent the address of Damien’s studio to Qi Le’an’s phone. And twelve hours later, Qi Le’an was sitting in the office, facing Damien with a dreamy expression.

Early that morning, Tresse had flown to Las Vegas. Qi Le’an waited outside the building of Damien’s office for a long time but he met no one. He then called and was told that Tresse was no longer in New York. On the phone, Tresse could only laugh and let Qi Le’an go upstairs by himself.

Qi Le’an turned around the building outside twice before he was “picked up” by Damien.

In his forties, Damien appeared quite bookish. His blond hair was curly and messy, and the pair of glasses on his nose made him look knowledgeable.

Damien was very tall, seemingly 1.9 meters. And Qi Le’an had to raise his head slightly to look at him.

The great director had long seen this oriental-faced man wandering outside in distress with his mobile phone in his hand. He felt it was fun and watched him for a long time. In the end, he went downstairs himself and led Qi Le’an upstairs.

Qi Le’an would be a fool if he didn’t know he had been watched that way until then. With a red face, he sat there and didn’t know what to say.

Finally, Damien broke the ice by asking, “Do you play music?”

Qi Le’an had never played music. He only played the piano for fun and it was taught by Wei Changfeng.

He thus honestly replied, “No.”

Damien frowned and took a sip of coffee.

Qi Le’an thought he was done for.

The male lead was a music prince, and he was nothing…

“Can you sing then?” Damien asked again.

Qi Le’an didn’t dare to say no anymore but quickly answered, “Yes! I sang before!”

Damien was finally relaxed a little, and then he nodded, “I’ve seen the recording of your Othello. You did sing well.”

Qi Le’an didn’t expect that Damien would have seen his opera, so he awkwardly responded, “Well… it’s just so so…”

Damien stared at him until Qi Le’an was about to have cold sweat. At last, he said, “My opera.. must be an exquisite one.”

‘What does it mean?! Wei Sama, this man is so terrible! I want to go home!’ Qi Le’an was thinking.

“Therefore, I will be very strict with this work. I hope you are mentally prepared.”

Hearing this sentence, Qi Le’an didn’t know whether he should be happy or sad. He didn’t know whether Damien meant to employ him or not.

“Then… Thank you, Director,” Qi Le’an responded nervously.

At last, Damien revealed a smile, “You are suitable for the image of Jack.”

Qi Le’an had no idea how he was suitable. That Jack in the script was a lonely prince, who was immersed in the music world all day. However, he was left frustrated and unhappy all the time until he met the female lead. At last, he took the initiative to walk out of the shadows and his music became light and happy.

After the veil was pulled away, the audience was able to see Jack brimming with enthusiasm.

“I’ll send you the complete script later,” Damien entered his working mode and said to Qi Le’an, “We’re going to start shooting in September as scheduled. You’re coming to attend the script workshop next midmonth. The shooting cycle is three months. Are you OK with that?”