25. What Are The Odds

To Perish Demons became a total hit!

It ended up with record-breaking record since the first night it was broadcast. The average ratings in the following week of the show was as high as thirty-three percent. It had become the talk of the town, the OST became a hit as well, it was played in the malls, on the streets, everywhere! You needed to keep up with every episode to join the conversations with your friends.

Hu Bin had become even more popular after To Perish Demons, projects of new movies and variety shows kept coming in a continuous stream on his desk, he was pursued by hot money!

However, the biggest winner was Qi Le An in every respect. He was an unknown trainee before the drama, and now he had gained a large fan base due to his portray of the adorable and loyal Spirit Bunny Beast.

Posts like “Bell the Bunny is a Hidden Gem”, “Qi Le An is Lit”, “Best Moments of Bell”, “Treasure boy Qi Le An” would get over ten thousand views and pages of comments within just a few hours.

Qi Le An had also felt the other trainees’ attitude towards him had changed overnight, including that arrogant Yan Lang. Mr. Li had that pleasant smile on his face whenever he talked to Qi Le An, he tried so hard to pretend the slapping incident and the cursing over the phone incident had never existed.

Along with the success of the drama, Qi Le An had been indulged with so many activities. He would ask for days off frequently to make time for different activities, Glory had to suspend Qi Le An’s schooling and training since the second week.

“An, don’t worry about your curriculum, we’ve got you!” Mr. Li flashed a pile of commercial contracts in front of Qi Le An, then he picked one out and handed it to Qi Le An, “Look at this one, that’s a handsome paycheck, isn’t it?”

Qi Le An was glad that he got the opportunity to shoot commercials in this life, but his countenance changed abruptly as he took a close look at the contract.

It was a pretty well-known yogurt brand, the thing was Qi Le An remembered vividly that there would be a scandal about the ingredients of this brand in just a few months, the spokesman’s reputation had nosedived as well. And the whole scandal had caused a stir about whether the spokesmen should be responsible for the consumers who had bought the products to support them.

The spokesman who had endorsed the yogurt was universally condemned after the scandal, he had to hold a grand press conference to apologize to the public but it was no avail. He had lost all of his fans and he ended up vanishing from the scene in a few years.

‘I cannot let my supporters down and endorse any questionable products!’thought Qi Le An, with that in mind he pushed the contract away and said, “Mr. Li... I’ve watched a few articles about this brand, it’s got serious food safety issues.”

Mr. Li’s face darkened, he didn’t expect Qi Le An would have the guts to question him about the arrangement, “Forget about the food safety issues! Have you seen the endorsement fee they are willing to pay you! As a starlet, you should be grateful for such a handsome pay! Qi Le An, you get to be picky.”

Qi Le An didn’t say anything, but his expression was saying a lot.

Mr. Li threw the contract on Qi Le An and said, “You think you are grown now and you can leave the nest? No way! Tell you what, you are taking it because I’m asking to take it.”

The contract hit Qi Le An’s head and fell on the ground, Mr. Li stamped his foot on the contract and said, “Qi Le An, trust me, Glory has bought you outright for a really long time, you don’t want to rub us in the wrong way.”

With that Mr. Li left the room in a huff.

Qi Le An heaved a sigh and called Jiao.

“Sister Jiao, have you heard of XX Yoghurt? Here is the thing... ...”