128. The Censor Team

When the first ray of light shone on the earth at dawn, Director Guan waved the trumpet in his hand and shouted, “We’re done. Everyone go back and rest for a while. See you at noon.”

There were five or six hours left. Everyone rushed to pack their things to catch up on sleep before noon.

Qi Le An and Wei Chang Feng got into the car. Qi Le An rubbed his hands and said, “It’s so cold!”

Gary quietly turned up the heating in the car, and Wei Chang Feng held Qi Le An’s hands in his palm and warmed them, saying, “Have some hot water?”

Qi Le An yawned. Seeing that there were no outsiders around, he lazily leaned in Wei Chang Feng’s arms.

Chen Shan saw this from the rearview mirror, feeling frustrated.

They got back to the house before 6 o’clock. Wei Chang Feng advised Qi Le An to take a shower first. After Qi Le An took a hot shower, he got into bed. Wei Chang Feng brought him a bowl of tofu and said, “Eat something before you sleep.”

Qi Le An’s eyes lit up. He sat on the bed like a paralyzed patient and finished the tofu. He asked, “Wei Sama, are you sleepy?”

Wei Chang Feng shook his head.

Qi Le An was not sleepy either. He knew that he had night scenes to shoot, so he took a nap in the daytime yesterday.

“Take a nap, or you can’t make it at night,” Wei Chang Feng said.

Qi Le An yawned and said, “Okay… I’ll take a nap.”

The shooting started at midday, and he had to get up at ten o’clock to get ready. It was a nap.

Wei Chang Feng simmered with laughter. He threw the container into the bin and drew down the curtains. He turned off the lights and lay beside Qi Le An.

Qi Le An turned over and held Wei Chang Feng’s arm.

The two of them did not expect that the outside world had turned upside down after waking up.

At the house next door.

Guan Kai took a deep breath, but in the end, he couldn’t bear it anymore, shouting at the producer beside him, “What do you mean? We are not allowed to shoot? Back then, you came to me and begged me to direct this movie.”

The producer put the file bag on his head and said, “Director Guan, don’t be angry! I just like to pause it for a while. The news came out suddenly. There was no sign at all!”

Associate Director sat aside, reading the documents with the iPad in his hand.

Just an hour ago, the State Administration for Film and Television suddenly issued a red document called Notice on Strengthening Censorship on Film and Television Projects, saying that films and televisions were to be purified and censorship on sensitive themes was to be strengthened.

“Our movie is not sensitive at all. Besides, the theme has been approved. No matter what, we can’t stop.” Director Guan exploded, roaring angrily at the producer.

The producer was baffled, saying, “What we are filming is very sensitive. Director Guan, you mentioned politics in the movie.”

Guan Kai took a deep breath, and Associate Director interrupted him in time, “Calm down.”

Guan Kai swallowed his words.

He sat on the sofa angrily. The producer looked at the director and Associate Director, and finally said to Associate Director, “Assistant Director… What do you think?”