21. To Fall In A Faint

Qi Le An watched the press conference online the next afternoon. The crew played a clip of numerous stars sending wishes to the crew before the press conference to perk up the audience, then the press conference climaxed with Wei Chang Feng’s appearance.

The crew did a good job keeping Wei Chang Feng’s part a secret till this day, the audience exclaimed as they saw Wei Chang Feng as Grandmaster in the show.

Qi Le An locked his eyes on the screen, he admired how Wei Chang Feng handled all the questions with effortless humor and attracted the attention from everyone alike.

Qi Le An had also seen Yan Lang who was seated in the guests area, Qi Le An smiled as he saw how haggard and worn Yan Lang looked.

“Did you enjoy your nightmares, Yan Lang?” Qi Le An murmured.

The crew had also played several behind-the scene clips at the end of the conference, Qi Le An wished he were able to attend the press conference and shared the happiness with everyone.

Qi Le An took a deep breath and comforted himself, ‘It’s all right, I will work hard till the day I’m irreplaceable! Mr. Li is right, this road show tour is a great opportunity to communicate with the audience! I’ve got this!’

Qi Le An’s phone vibrated as he was lost in thought, he took a glimpse at the screen and his heart skipped a beat as he saw it was Wei Chang Feng who had sent him a message.

Wei Chang Feng: I heard you are unwell, what’s the matter?

‘He must have had asked the staff member in Glory, and the staff member made up this lame excuse.’ thought Qi Le An.

Qi Le An: I’m having a cold, don’t worry, I’m fine.

Qi Le An didn’t lay bare the lies for he didn’t want to worry Wei Chang Feng.

Wei Chang Feng: Please rest well.

Qi Le An’s heart melted, he opened his drawer and started to appreciated the photo that Wei Chang Feng had sent him when they were on the set with a big smile on the face, later he put on the ear stud that he had ‘stolen’ from Wei Chang Feng. How he wished he could see Wei Chang Feng and work with him soon.

Glory had placed great emphasis on this road show, they had assigned an assistant named Jiao for Qi Le An. But Qi Le An knew he needed to treat Jiao with respect since he was younger than her.

Qi Le An bought Jiao breakfast the next morning for he didn’t have the heart to have a girl waiting for him under his building at 6 o’clock in the morning.

“Sister Jiao, so nice to meet you, thank you for much for your hard work!”

Jiao was a girl who tended to be exceptionally vigorous at work, “An, nice to meet you, we will be working together for the following month. I’ve checked your schedule, it’s quite tight, we need to work hard together, remember, a little perseverance goes a long way.”

Qi Le An appreciated Jiao’s honesty and attitude, “I won’t let you down, Jiao.”

It wasn’t until now did Jiao took the breakfast that Qi Le An bought for her with a smile, together they went to the train station, the first rays of the morning sun had lengthened their shadows... ...

Qi Le An’s first destination was Nanjing, an hour away from Hai City. Jiao said, “An, we need to make use of every minute, read through the notes I’ve made for you.”

Qi Le An opened the notebook and he was surprised, Jiao had collected materials from the inspirations of the whole screenplay to the interactions between the main characters to behind-the scene stories... ...