88. The Murderer

The last time Qi Le An got Chu Cheng Yuan’s hair, he didn’t show any mercy, he fabricated another nightmare on that very night.

He just wanted to punish Chu Cheng Yuan, unlike the first time when he fabricated a nightmare for Chu Cheng Yuan, he went all the way this time. Qi Le An felt that if he were not an actor, he could write horror fiction for a living.

Chu Cheng Yuan was so smarmy, he said that he was so happy to see Qi Le An and he introduced the crew members to Qi Le An. This made Qi Le An feel uncomfortable. Although he came late, he was the male lead. Yet Chu Cheng Yuan acted like Qi Le An was a guest, Qi Le An was a bit riled up and he couldn’t help but feel like teaching Chu Cheng Yuan a lesson again.

After so many times, Qi Le An understood that Chu Cheng Yuan was not someone who could be knocked down by nightmares. If he couldn’t use the system to make him leave the entertainment industry, what else could he do?

Qi Le An hadn’t come up with a good way yet.

Chu Cheng Yuan disliked Qi Le An in his heart. He felt that Qi Le An was a very selfish person. Everyone was equal in front of opportunities. He always felt Qi Le An had an unspeakable hostility towards him and the thought Qi Le An was doing it to put on airs in front of him.

Therefore, for the past half a month, Chu Cheng Yuan had been working on his master plan that of getting along well with all the crew members as a counterattack to Qi Le An. So he deliberately acted so close with all the crew members and introduced Qi Le An to them.

Both of them looked friendly on the surface, while they hated each other in their hearts. With the day’s filming done, Qi Le An returned to the hotel and continued to study the script.

He could also see that Chu Cheng Yuan was very popular among the crew members, and because his acting skills were not bad, the director quite liked him as well. He was a latecomer in the team and he couldn’t compare to Chu Cheng Yuan’s popularity for a while. Now that Qi Le An wanted to quickly claim his male lead status, he figured he better start with Director Yang.

As an actor, acting well was the foundation, excellent acting skills were the prerequisite for an actor to impress the director.

Perhaps it was Chen Shan’s tea tree oil that had worked wonder, when Qi Le An woke up the next day, the pimple on Qi Le An’s forehead was much smaller. Although it had not completely gone down, it could still be covered by some foundation.

Qi Le An had a heavy task. First of all, he had a large number of scenes as the male lead, secondly, all his scenes were arranged to shoot intensively within the summer vacation. Fortunately, with the experience of Better Days, Qi Le An was not overwhelmed by the workload.

Li Guangyan, Qi Le An‘s character, was a young master who grew up in a wealthy family. Qi Le An was a bit worried about delivering the wealthy young master part. He had never lived a life that was remotely close to a young master, he was a bit nervous about that.

Thankfully, he was surrounded by rich kids like Wei Chang Feng and Chen Shan. He had been secretly observed Chen Shan and he figured he could portray early-stage Li Guangyan as Chen Shan.

Qi Le An nailed his first scene. Director Yang praised him after the first scene, “Great, An! Now I see why Director Chen cast you in Better Days! Such excellent performing!”

More often than not, actors needed some time to find their feet in a new set, which both Jiang Xiaoyu and Chu Cheng Yuan had stumbled over when they first started shooting. However, Qi Le An was praised by Director Yang since the first scene. People can’t help hold him in high esteem.