112. The Relatives

“But I’m sorry…” When he said this, Lawyer Tang stood up and bowed. “Six years ago, a burglary took place in our law firm, and the letter was stolen.”

Six years ago… The day when his parents died…

Qi Le An frowned deeply, asking, “Only the letter was stolen?”

Lawyer Tang shook his head. “No, a lot of things were stolen, and the letter was just one of them.”

Qi Le An was suspicious. ‘Is this a coincidence? Why didn’t I know about this in my previous life?’

Lawyer Tang had an idea at the sight of Qi Le An’s expression. “These documents are copies of the power of attorney. Our law firm will compensate you for the lost letter. You can come to us for formalities tomorrow if you deem it right.”

Lawyer Tang handed Qi Le An a business card.

Qi Le An took it and asked, “Can I meet the lawyer who my parents entrusted?”

A trace of sorrow came across Lawyer Tang’s face. “I’m sorry… My mentor accepted this task back then. Unfortunately, he passed away eight years ago…”

All the clues were gone. Qi Le An frowned.

After Lawyer Tang left, Qi Le An returned to his seat. Wei Chang Feng went to him from the side and sat down, whispering, “Is there any bad news?”

Qi Le An shook his head. “It’s just… strange.”

He told Wei Chang Feng roughly what happened, and Wei Chang Feng frowned.

The law firm on the business card was called, “Shi Haidian Law Firm”, which was quite well-known in Hai City. It looked like a reliable law firm ten years ago.

“Does your uncle know about something?” Wei Chang Feng reminded.

Qi Le An’s head ached when he thought of his uncle. Did he have to get in contact with the person he had struggled to get rid of? However, thinking back to his last life, his uncle didn’t seem to bother him around his eighteenth birthday.

“How about this, I will help you investigate the current address and phone number of your uncle. It’s up to you if you contact him or not,” Wei Chang Feng said.

Qi Le An nodded and sighed, “I really didn’t expect that such a thing would happen to me.”

He had been a poor boy without any relatives or friends, but suddenly he was told that he had a large sum of money from an inheritance, which weirdly came to him. Even the death of his parents seemed suspicious.

Wei Chang Feng pinched Qi Le An’s hand as if giving him strength.

After talking to Chen Shan on the phone, they went back to Qi Le An’s rented flat. Although they could carry their bags and move into the house, Qi Le An had left his homework at home… Anyway, he couldn’t move away in a short time. Back home, he carefully thought about the inheritance and felt that he had to contact his uncle.

It had been two lifetimes. Qi Le An’s memory was blurred over time, but there were some things he needed to settle with his uncle.

Wei Chang Feng was quick, and he gave Qi Le An the address and phone number of Qi Da Zhu at night. Qi Da Zhu and his family used to live in an apartment which Qi Le An’s father had bought for his grandpa in a county near Hai City. After the incident, the family moved to a third-tier city nearby, wishing to start a new life.

Qi Le An sneered at the address. Qi Da Zhu was ignorant and lazy, who had to provide education for his daughter. Where did the money come from?

Qi Le An couldn’t think of anything but the pension he was supposed to get after his parents’ death.