149. Consolation

Wei Changfeng had lived a smooth life for more than twenty years, so he had nothing to worry about.

The only blow he could think of would be the death of Qin Xing.

Coincidentally, when Qin Xing died, he was about Qi Le’an’s age.

Wei Changfeng didn’t want to recall that feeling again in his life. Hearing the news of his friend’s death, he locked himself in his room, refused to eat or drink anything. He couldn’t figure out why his beloved career would cause the death of his friend.

When he came out of the room, he suddenly realized that he couldn’t make any more films.

Wherever there was a flash, he had endless anxiety. He couldn’t sleep all night and couldn’t read a word of the script. Wei Changfeng realized his psychological problems in time and went to see the psychiatrist with the company of Wei Xin’an.

When the doctor suggested that he leave the film industry temporarily, Wei Changfeng felt that the whole world had collapsed.

How similar was his feeling at that time to that of Qi Le’an now!

Wei Changfeng looked at Qi Le’an and said, “Cry if you want. I’m here with you.”

“I want to tell you that I will always be by your side. It doesn’t matter if you’re banned or you can’t act anymore.”

“If you can’t stay in the mainland anymore, I’ll accompany you to study in America. If one day you are tired of the entertainment industry, we can open a restaurant in a small place and I will cook for you every day.”

“I am not an ambitious person. I only want the people I love to be happy and safe.”

Qi Le’an had thought of many possibilities but he never thought that Wei Changfeng would give up his career to accompany him.

He was Wei Changfeng, after all. He had all kinds of resources and countless directors lining up to make films with him. He was the guarantee of both good reviews and box office sales. Some people predicted that no one would surpass Wei Changfeng within ten years.

Qi Le’an didn’t want to give up acting, but he must not let Wei Changfeng give up his career because of him.

Wei Changfeng saw through what he was thinking about and said, “You needn’t feel bad about it. I had wanted to slow down.”

Qi Le’an still kept his mouth shut.

Sheng Chang’an knocked on the door softly outside. Wei Changfeng looked at the time and said, “Do you want to go to the lunch party? If you don’t, I can cook for you at home.”

Qi Le’an knew that it took Sheng Chang’an a long time to get this lunch appointment. He smiled hard and said, “I’ll go with you.”

Wei Changfeng nodded and said, “Chen Shan has been looking for you. I told him that you are here with me. You can call him back when you are free.”

Qi Le’an’s phone had long been thrown away by himself. He knew that there must be a lot of people looking for him now, but his mind was a mess.

“There were just a few things, and we’ll handle them one by one.”

Wei Changfeng’s leisurely manner finally calmed Qi Le’an down and he steadied himself unconsciously. Perhaps as Wei Changfeng said, with him around, there was nothing to be afraid of.

Qi Le’an, who was finally a little spirited, cleaned up a little and went out with Sheng Chang’an and Wei Changfeng.

The Sheng family must have established well-connected interpersonal networks to make the movie and television company so big. Although the official that would attend the lunch party at noon with Sheng Chang’an today was not as high in rank as Vice Director General Li, his background was also very strong. Besides the Bureau of Culture, his family had a series of relationships with other departments.