166. Proposal

When Qi Le’an arrived at the theater group, he found that something was wrong with the atmosphere today.

Today was not a day for the overall rehearsal. It was reasonable that everyone should stay in their  rooms. However, today, they all gathered in the large training room outside. And there were plenty of them.

Not only those who were going to perform on Saturday but also the spare actors who Qi Le’an had rarely met before were here.

In short, maybe almost all the members of the theater group had come here.

However, among such a group of people, Qi Le’an didn’t see Jenny, Robert, or Dossey.

Qi Le’an whispered to an actress who was familiar with him, “What’s wrong?”

The actress was confused as well. “It is said that they will announce something… This morning, the head of the theater group said that everyone must be here.”

“The head of the theater group?” Qi Le’an was shocked.

The actress nodded her expression a little worried.

“Hopefully, it is not something bad…”

Qi Le’an knew that the so-called head of the theater group was an investor of the theater group. He was only a reputed head so he didn’t deal with the actual operation of the theater group. However, if something serious happened, such as firing a member, he would appear.

“…Where is Dossey?” Qi Le’an asked further.

“Talking to the head in the office,” the actress replied.

Qi Le’an nodded, wondering whether Dossey directly asked the head of the theater group to deal with the matter.

As expected, after a few minutes, the head of the theater group, Dossey, Jenny, and Robert came out of the office. The people who had been gossiping quietly finally fell silent.

Jenny’s eyes were red and she kept her head down. Robert’s facial expression was not that good. It seemed that he would explode emotionally.

Dossey glanced around and saw Qi Le’an in the crowd. Then, he blinked playfully at the latter.

The head of the theater group was a man in his forties. Bald and stout, he looked rather serious. The newcomers in the theater group were all afraid of him.

It was said that the head of the theater group was also handsome and a dashing fan of operas but he was not allowed to work on the opera by his family. Therefore, his dream about being an opera performer was ruined.

“Hello, everyone,” the head of the theater group said, “Long time no see.”

No one said anything.

The head of the theater group glanced at the people off the stage and said, “I’m here to deal with something particularly bad.”

Qi Le’an noticed that the female member beside him turned stern.

“Everyone should know the code of our theater group, right?”

Someone started to whisper, “Peace, equality, happiness.”

The head of the theater group narrowed his eyes and said, “Exactly! I don’t think anything is more important than these three principles! However, just a few days ago, someone openly violated the principle of equality!”

Everyone was shocked. There were many discussions while the several black actors instantly put on a sensitive look.

“The members of our theater group are from different places. We are here because of our love for operas. I will never allow any discrimination to happen in my theater group! Today, as the head of the theater group, I shall fire Robert and never hire him anymore!”