190. The Family Members

Wei Xin’an was forced by her mother to put on a pair of flat, old-fashioned shoes with embroidered flowers on them. She had never worn such shoes before, so she felt uncomfortable.

When she entered the garden, the first thing she did was to change into the garden slippers.

There were only very few flowers in the garden, where Wei Mama and Jianhua grew many vegetables. Wei Xin’an sat next to a chili pepper plant and said to Wei Changfeng, “Take a seat.”

Wei Changfeng glanced at his sister’s belly and sat down.

“I didn’t expect you to be together for so long,” Wei Xin’an sighed.

Three years ago, Wei Changfeng told his sister about his relationship with Qi Le’an before he went to the States.

Wei Xin’an felt disappointed. At that time, Qi Le’an was still young, and she thought young people were fickle. She wondered how long Qi Le’an would stay with her brother.

Wei Changfeng seemed to be in deep love, and she was afraid that Qi Le’an would let her stupid brother down.

Who would have thought that they made it?

Her words reminded Wei Changfeng of the difficulties that Le’an and he had gone through. He smiled, “We will stay together, just like you and Brother Sheng.”

Wei Xin’an smiled and looked down at her belly. Her smile deepened.

Wei Changfeng added, “If I had known you are pregnant, I would not have troubled you.”

Wei Xin’an was called back by Wei Changfeng, who only knew that she and Sheng Chang’an had the plan to get engaged. But he didn’t know that his sister was having a baby.

Wei Xin’an looked at her younger brother and smiled. “I have to help my brother when he needs me even if I’m having a baby. Besides, the baby is a surprise for me. Chang’an doesn’t know about my pregnancy.”

Wei Changfeng was taken aback. “Brother Sheng doesn’t know about it?”

Wei Xin’an nodded and whispered to her brother as if she was sharing a little secret, “I only found it out a few days ago. I don’t know how to tell him.”

Wei Changfeng said, “Mom is calling Brother Sheng’s mother. Brother Sheng will know soon?”

Wei Xin’an gave a sweet smile like a teenage girl in love. “I don’t know if Chang’an will like this child.”

She sounded nervous. Wei Changfeng smiled and said, “Why doesn’t he like it? This child will be the treasure of the whole family.”

Wei Xin’an tilted her head with a delighted look.

“You don’t need to worry about Mom,” Wei Xin’an added, “The engagement, wedding, and the baby will take her attention away from you for the coming year.”

Wei Changfeng thought about it and agreed. The wedding preparation at most took up three months. But with the baby on the way, his mother might be occupied for three years.

This baby was his lucky star.

“Are you going to marry Le’an?” Wei Xin’an saw the ring on her brother’s finger and asked.

Wei Changfeng nodded, “Yes, but it will take a while.”

Wei Xin’an didn’t ask her brother more questions. She said, “Tell me in advance so we can make preparations.”

Wei Changfeng smiled at her gratefully.

Suddenly, Wei Xin’an’s phone rang.

Wei Xin’an took out her phone, and Wei Changfeng saw that it was Sheng Chang’an calling.