176. Chen Mama

Chen Mama’s eyes were a little red as she entered her bedroom with the gift box in her hands.

She had accepted Qi Le’an as her godson for two reasons. One was that she liked this clean and intact young man and the other was because of her son, Chen Shan.

All these years, though her son, Chen Shan, was often reproached for this or that, he was favored and loved by his family. It was her son’s first job to be an agent for Qi Le’an. Chen Mama was afraid that her child would suffer because of the work outside, so she adopted Qi Le’an as her godson and voluntarily accepted him into her family.

And later she found that this godson was worth it! She had done a great job on it!

At the moment, she asked herself for how long she had not received such a carefully prepared gift.

Inside the gift box was a plain colored dress with low-keyed and luxurious embroidery of dark patterns. It was a long time since Chen Mama last wore such a long dress.

She couldn’t remember clearly when was that, but she knew that many years ago, she was also such a girl who loved pink and who liked to wear new dresses whenever going on outings.

Chen Mama was immersed in memories of her good old days. Smilingly, she changed into the dress. She was glad to find the length of the dress was just perfect for her, and its loose style covered her middle-aged woman’s somewhat deformed figure.

She thought of the toys Qi Le’an had prepared for his sister in the living room. She felt that her godson was even more lovable than her son.

Well, she told herself to forget it. Anyway, she wasn’t that old and she was aware that she had got a good son for nothing and she had no reason to complain about all this.

Chen Mama had finally straightened out her thinking and walked out of the bedroom.

The three men outside there turned their attention to her right away. For the first time, Chen Mama looked shy, and then she inquired, “How is it? It’s been so many years since I last wore a dress…”

“Great!” Qi Le’an was the first to react and praise, “I didn’t expect this dress to be so beautiful on my godmother! Wei Sama did make a good choice for the dress!”

Chen Mama was amused. She knew it was the dress that looked good. However, her godson was so sweet-mouthed to say that she looked good in it!

Even Chen Shan also praised, “Oh, Mother! I didn’t expect you to look so good! I have to quickly take a photo for you and send it to Dad.”

Chen Mama was so happy that she grinned from ear to ear. She turned to Wei Changfeng, “It’s you who chose this beautiful dress? Aunty must thank you for it!”

Wei Changfeng smiled and replied, “Actually, it was Le’an who first saw and liked it.”

Qi Le’an couldn’t help but feel sweet in his heart. From Chen Mama’s words, he guessed she may have already accepted Wei Changfeng.

As expected, Chen Mama praised, “Our Le’an looks good from young, and the people around him look good too! And Xiao Wei is so handsome!”

Chen Shan’s sister, who was playing on the swing also repeated, “So handsome!”

Everyone present roared with laughter.

As the sister looked sleepy, Qi Le’an suggested, “Godmother, how about your going to rest first? You can call me after waking up. And then we’ll go to eat together.”

Chen Mama went to pick her daughter up and coax her while answering, “Alright, I’ll sleep with her for a while.”

Qi Le’an nodded. Chen Shan also said that he needed to rest for a while. Thus several of them were appointed to have dinner together later in the evening. And Qi Le’an and Wei Changfeng said goodbye to them and left.