137. Competition

“On what ground do you think you can endorse our products? Just because you have a 20th-anniversary limited version wrist band?”

Deng Jie’s question was direct and sharp. Qi Le’an was shocked to hear it.

How could there be something like the questions asked when interviewing a candidate?

After calming down for two or three seconds, Qi Le’an restrained his anger and said with a smile, “I know Coolrunning always hires athletes as their spokesman, which is aligned with the brand image and also represents an intent of goodwill.”

Deng Jie raised her eyebrows slightly, gesturing for Qi Le’an to continue.

Qi Le’an also continued as per his preparation, “Now the lifetime warranty management for the domestic retired sportsmen is not well-round enough. Besides, the sportsmen are mostly injured before retirement… Coolrunning could hire the sportsmen to endorse the products and  pay them the endorsement fee so that they can live an easier life after retirement.”

Deng Jie was finally somewhat surprised. Having stayed silent for two or three seconds, she asked, “Is this prepared by your PR team?”

Qi Le’an smiled bitterly and looked at Chen Bin beside him, saying, “He is my only agent… I don’t have something like a PR team…”

Deng Jie didn’t believe his words.

“Mm, I have a boss above me… I’ve worked for a small studio after I left the company.”

Since Deng Jie came to meet Qi Le’an, she couldn’t have any information about him. As Qi Le’an said so, Deng Jie thought of the information she had got and finally partly believed what he said.

If this was a young man’s idea, he was quite impressive.

Thinking of that, Deng Jie glinted appreciation in her eyes.

“Continue,” Deng Jie said.

Qi Le’an was good at observing others’ speech and behavior. Judging from Deng Jie’s expression, he knew that she believed his words, so he continued, “However, from the perspective of industry marketing, hiring an Olympic champion as the spokesman is not as effective as a celebrity. The fan base of a celebrity is far greater than that of an Olympic champion. In terms of the corporation’s goodwill, it is better to hire an ordinary player instead of a champion.”

Since Coolrunning planned to hire a celebrity as their spokesman all of a sudden, the management team must have a dispute over the idea of hiring an Olympic champion. Now that they came to liaise with him now, it indicated that they were inclined towards celebrities.

Therefore, whether to choose a champion or a celebrity was not a question to Qi Le’an.

Qi Le’an was full of confidence but unexpectedly, Deng Jie said coldly, “I was asking why you. You know, we’ve hired Li Zheyu. In terms of popularity, you should be inferior to Li Zheyu, right?”

Qi Le’an was stupefied.

He was actually not answering in the realm of the question!

Chen Bin hastened to try to salvage the situation. “Miss Deng, that’s not the case! Le’an has just joined the industry and he works really hard, so he doesn’t have much time to manage his fan circle. However, in terms of popularity, he is just as good. You know Weibo, right? He is the celebrity with the most fans on Weibo now!”

The hot beverage on the table had already gotten warm. Deng Jie took a sip of the Americano in front of her.

Qi Le’an said, “Because… I really want to endorse our products.”