113. I Finally Got Back At Them

Qi Le An sat on the wooden sofa and looked at his uncle and aunt in front of him.

The people who used to look terrifying and powerful now seemed to have shrunk. The shrewd aunt’s face was covered with wrinkles, and the brutal and arrogant uncle had bleary eyes.

The yellowing walls and dirty cement ground disgusted Qi Le An, who didn’t want to stay here for another moment.

‘How could I fear such people before? Why did I wire them money every time they called me?’

Qi Da Zhu was ill at ease. He pushed the glass forward and forced a smile. “Le… Le An! Have some water!”

Qi Le An looked at the dirty glass and ignored it. “Uncle, are the things ready?”

Qi Da Zhu’s heart skipped a beat. After Qi Le An called him a few days ago, Qi Da Zhu had been thinking about what his nephew meant. Back then, his brother and sister-in-law had left in their home a few books, which were sold by him after the accident. As for things like the death certificate… Qi Le An was not talking about this, was he?

Qi Da Zhu thought about the mentioned money, and his throat got dry. He gritted his teeth and took out a set of keys from his pocket. “An, I couldn’t find the things that you are looking for. These are the keys to our old house, which you know was given to me. Now I give you the keys, and you go find it yourself, okay?”

His words puzzled Qi Le An.

‘Is there really nothing in the house? How does Uncle know about the sum of money?’

Qi Le An had an unfathomable expression. His aunt wanted to say something, but she was stopped by his uncle, who looked at him flatteringly and said with a begging tone, “An… We are having a hard time here. Your aunt goes to sell vegetables at the market every day to earn money. Your cousin is going to high school next year… We can hardly make our ends meet.”

“Your grandfather said before… that your parents left a sum of money…”

“I was wrong. Back then, all the money at home was spent on your father’s education, and I’m almost illiterate. Those people tricked me, and I fell for their trap. During the past year, I couldn’t sleep every night, wishing to apologize to you.”

As he spoke, Qi Da Zhu managed to squeeze out a few tears. His wife followed suit, covering her face and pretending to cry.

“But I don’t dare.” Qi Da Zhu suddenly raised his voice and cried with tears, “I’m afraid you won’t forgive me. I am your only relative. You will forgive us, won’t you?”

Qi Le An felt like laughing at their show.

His aunt cried out loud. Qi Da Zhu stole a glance at Qi Le An, who was indifferent, and he willed himself to say, “An. I’ll kneel before you. These six months, my health has been getting worse, and I’m afraid I won’t be able to live long… If you don’t forgive me, how can I go see my poor brother in the nether world?”

Qi Da Zhu was about to kneel in front of Qi Le An while his wife cried so loud as if Qi Da Zhu was going to die in the next second.

Qi Le An was lost for words. How could he have been threatened by those idiots in the past?

At this moment, a closed-door in the shabby house was suddenly kicked open. His cousin in pajamas with messy hair screamed, “What the hell! How can I sleep in these noises?”

The house was in turmoil. Qi Da Zhu was stuck in a dilemma, and his wife had been winking at her daughter, who looked at Qi Le An with contempt. “Why is this guy here again? Asking for money? Get him out of here.”