170. Explanation

The two of them didn’t sleep as usual last night so they didn’t wake up until noon the next day.

There was no food left at home, so Wei Changfeng could only drive Qi Le’an to a fast-food restaurant near the supermarket to grab a bite. It was good that Qi Le’an was not picky. He was even satisfied with eating chips and burgers amidst watching a cartoon.

There’s nothing left to eat at home, including vegetables, fruits, and snacks that they usually had. Wei Changfeng was pushing the trolley while Qi Le’an was throwing things into the trolley. Chatting merrily, they filled the trolley very quickly.

In response, Qi Le’an complained, “The trolleys in New York are small. A Chinese trolley won’t be filled up so easily!”

Wei Changfeng looked so affectionately and just agreed to whatever Qi Le’an said.

It took them some time to queue up and pay for the bill. When they got home and put away the groceries, it was past four o’clock. It was still hot outside. Qi Le’an asked, “How about meeting them in a dessert shop?”

Wei Changfeng was fine with the idea that the four men had desserts together. While putting the meat slices into the fridge, he said, “Okay.”

Lying on the sofa, Qi Le’an sent a message to Dossey. Dossey complained that he might have a sore throat if he ate too many icy things. In the end, they decided to meet in a coffee shop.

Qi Le’an asked inexplicably, “Is the coffee shop very different from the desserts shop? Not all desserts are icy.”

Wei Changfeng said casually, “Maybe it’s just close to their home.”

As a result, when the two of them drove over according to the GPS, they found the coffee shop was indeed at the downstairs of Dossey’s house.

Dossey went downstairs wearing a pair of sandals. “It’s hot outside. I don’t want to walk for one more step.” He blinked helplessly and whispered, “I told Amco that you would go to the supermarket, but he still demanded meeting you!”

It was the first time that Amco and Wei Changfeng met each other but both of them were in the film and television circle. Wei Changfeng was also Professor John’s favorite student. Amco had heard of Wei Changfeng’s name before.

After shaking hands with Wei Changfeng, Amco said banteringly, “I didn’t expect that our first meeting would take place on a non-official occasion.”

Wei Changfeng also smiled and said, “I have long wanted to meet you for once.” Actually, he wanted to meet the man who tried to take away his lover.

Suddenly, there was a tense atmosphere in the air.

“Hey! Why are you still holding your hands? Amco, what would you like to have?” Eventually, it was Dossey who interrupted them in a loud voice.

Amco sat down and said, “I want the one I had yesterday.”

Dossey nodded, drew two circles on the menu, and gave Wei Changfeng the menu.

Qi Le’an didn’t have to ask what Wei Changfeng wanted to eat. He just placed the order and handed the menu to the waiter. Dossey said to Qi Le’an, “That day… The Latino was really delicious.”

Qi Le’an laughed, “Of course. I love it too.”

Although Wei Changfeng was surprised that they should have eaten Latiao, he still smiled politely.

Dossey added, “Amco wants to meet you so anxiously only to ask you about your decision.”

Qi Le’an specifically came to clarify this matter this time. He looked at Amco apologetically and said, “Sorry, I agreed too hastily that day. Afterward, I found out the genre of your movie… I’m sorry but I’ve acted in this kind of movie before.”