37. Feelings

Wei Chang Feng wasn’t exactly pale, but he had pretty fair skin for an Asian boy. But what Qi Le An saw was a young man with dark tanned skin, his hair looked shorter as well, Qi Le An was amazed by the transformation.

People waved at Wei Chang Feng with enthusiasm, but Wei Chang Feng kept looking around until he saw Qi Le An who was standing afar from them. Wei Chang Feng winked at Qi Le An and walked to Director Chen.

Director Chen and Qi Le An compared notes on how to shoot the first scene. A few minutes later, Wei Chang Feng ran to the beach until his calves were immersed in the water, Director Chen nodded and exchanged a look with the Executive Director, “Silence!”

The people on set muted immediately, “Better Days, Scene 1, Take 1!”

A solitary seagull winged its way across the water, Xing faded into the picture, he bent over, putting his arms into the water like he was looking for something. The wind messed up his hair, but he was too focused to mind that.

“Ha!” with an exclamation Xing jumped out of the water with a crab in hand.

It was a perfect scene, however, a seagull had blocked the camera, it stared at the camera with its round and glistening eyes like it were modelling.

“Cut!” shouted Director Chen.

The Executive Director explained, “I’m sorry, Wei Ge, a bird is trying to steal your thunder.”

The crowd broke out in a riot of laughter. A prop assistant handed Wei Chang Feng a bucket to store the crab, Wei Chang Feng laughed and put the struggling crab back into the bucket.

“Better Days, Scene 1, Take 2!”

Wei Chang Feng burst into laughter and waved at the prop assistant before Director Chen said ‘Cut’, “Can you please get me another crab? I can’t seem to find the one you prepared for me just now.”

Another prop assistant dashed towards the water and handed Wei Chang Feng a new crab... ...

Director Chen was a very strict director, he would take the shoots time and again to look for the perfect lighting, perfect wind and perfect sound. Wei Chang Feng had been staying in the water for about half an hour already, but Director Chen was still shooting the first scene.

Qi Le An got so worried, it wasn’t a cold day, but Qi Le Ancould’t help but get worried that what if Wei Chang Feng caught a cold in the water.

Gary who was holding a towel in hand seemed to have noticed Qi Le An’s concern, “An, this is easy for Wei Ge. Do you remember his last movie, The Yangtse River? He once spent over two hours in the ice cold river for his last scene, he went numb all over after the scene was done.”

Qi Le An’s heart ached on hearing that, Wei Chang Feng was famous for his work ethic, Qi Le An couldn’t imagine how much he had suffered for all the movies and dramas he had done.

Several minutes later, finally there came Director Chen’s examination, “Cut! That is perfect!”

With that Gary dashed towards Wei Chang Feng and covered him with a towel, Wei Chang Feng walked to the dressing room to get changed and get some touch up on the makeup for the next scene.

The second scene was Xing being scolded by his mother at home, it was a smooth shoot compared to the first scene.

Director Chen checked the time after the second scene was shot, “All right, everyone, it’s a wrap, thank you so much for today, see you all tomorrow.”

Wei Chang Feng, Gary and Qi Le An walked backed to his RV. Qi Le An could tell Wei Chang Feng was exhausted from all the running back and forth in the water. Wei Chang Feng slumped down in the sofa as soon as he got in his RV. Wei Chang Feng was too tired to ask the makeup artists to remove his makeup.